Vapor management valve

alcook59

Apr 7, 2008
Colorado
So I took my car in to Ford, they quoted me 350 bucks to change out the vapor management valve. This is what was causing my car to have the check fuel cap and CEL on. How hard is it to change this out? Anyone done it before? The parts only 80 bucks so it would be nice if I could do it myself.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but i am having the same issue with my car. I have a 2001 Bullitt and the CEL and Fuel cap light keep coming on. I brought it to ford and they also quoted me $350 and said i needed a new Vapor Management Valve. My question is, where is the VMV? I have been reading posts about it and i keep getting confused. I took the passenger fender liner off, and saw the part in there (pa66-gf33) is this the VMV? I also read somewhere that the VMV is near the intake somewhere? I would appreciate any help, i just want to get all these problems fixed so i can sell it.
Thanks a lot
Steve

For the 1999-2004 model year, I believe the VMV is located in the right hand fender well (not in the engine bay). To access, it is necessary to remove the plastic fender liner. I'm sure that's where a good chunk of the labor $$'s are.

Hey all
Thanks for all the help
Since there was some conflicting part numbers going on i ended up just calling ford and asking them for the part number for the "vapor management valve." Unfortunately, i called 2 different dealerships and they each gave me a different part number. I ended up just taking the part cx1692 off since i had the fender liner off. I cleaned it all real well and reinstalled it. I will report back if the light stays off because of this. ( i am not to optimistic about this)
thanks a lot
Steve