vent... I've almost had enough

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Seems like everything is going wrong with the turbos for my car! The first problem I ran into was I forgot the actuator so now I have to go back and re-do the rod to work its way around the turbo to work...The second major problem was the drivers side header not clearing the PS pump.... Took a day to remake the header and now thats fine.... The third is the turbo guy who I had order my oil lines got me the wrong fkin T fittings... easy fix... Got an adapter for the block and screwed it in just fine... Then all the fittings wouldnt fit to I had to think of a new way... thats cool... was kinda easy figuring out how to place them but putting them on was a different story and a PITA! Got the fittings on.... Oil pressure sending unit on... then I was trying to rotate everything away from the block so I could get the plug for the sensor on when I hear a *snap* and the fittings fall off :mad: The adapter I got for the T's to fit into the block had broke right there at the head so now I have part of that fitting stuck in my block, other sitting on my bench... No biggy right? Can just screw the T into the block how it is? Well it didnt work that way... Might have been cause I was severly pissed off and agrivated or something happened to the begining of the threads.... And to top it all off... I spent about an hour trying to get thoes damn fittings in, and now I have to do it all over again... I'm just ready for all this $hit to be over with and have my car running again. I still have a lot more work to do and if it keeps this up.... I dont know what I'm going to do. I wish I would have bought a Kenne Bell right about now... Please tell me I'm doing the right thing. Sorry for it being so long

• Sponsors (?)

Tikus1.gif

It's okay dude, just take some time off of it and relax. Working on it constantly will drive you crazy!
cuss.gif

I know the feeling. Once you calm down you will think more clearly and find solutions. It will be sooo worth it in the end when everyone is gawking at your chit man.
goodjob.gif

94SC50 said:
Tikus1.gif

It's okay dude, just take some time off of it and relax. Working on it constantly will drive you crazy!
cuss.gif

I know the feeling. Once you calm down you will think more clearly and find solutions. It will be sooo worth it in the end when everyone is gawking at your chit man.
goodjob.gif

:stupid: I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Well I got all my oil fittings and chit done... Turned out to be more of a pita than I thought but its all done now :) Just gotta screw the drivers side oil line onto the fitting after I grind some on the PS bracket to make it clear :lol: I swear it'll never stop until its running. Made some gaskets for the turbo flanges, got all my spark plugs in (that was a pain to do too) Headers bolted up... Just need header wrap so I dont melt my plug wires. After that I gotta run my drain lines, exhaust, then I can start driving her again :banana: Its been almost a week now

Like it was said. "If it were easy, we all would have turbos." I feel the same way about the KB. I have been waiting on my software for my chip for almost 3 weeks now. For almost 3 weeks, I have sat and watched my car do "Nothing." Frustration is the worst part. I hope things go better for you.

Paul

if i were you i would just quit, its not worth all the trouble, strip your car down, sell everything, and sell the body, give it up man... just kidding, i mean without the turbo's.. u would have no chance in beating me in a race bro.. so just stick with it and get them on and working properly!

It's easier to walk away, than to face the problems your currently having. Take a breather,then go back and kick those problems in the nutz. You'll be glad you did in the end. You'll say "s*it, I almost gave up on this setup" meanwhile...wooooosh, wooosh,wooosh goes the turbos.

Don't give up dude. I personally do not like turbo'd cars because I do not have the patience to build or tune a turbo kit. I like seeing other people do it, breaking away from the norm.

You knew what you were getting into, and you should have expected things to go wrong; they always do. What I've always found to be the best idea is: turn the radio up louder, step back for about 2 minutes, stand there, and just think. "Self, what are you trying to do?" Keep thinking about that until the song is over. Go back into it, calm and collected, and with a game plan.

Good luck.

Joe

swingline said:
You'll be OK Zach. Just take your time and do it right the first time. And stay off of it until you get it tuned.
No can do... I'll take it up slowly rpm by rpm to see how it reacts... everything seems good I'm gonna give it hell... Been too long since I've last drove it :lol: Everything should be downhill from here (I hope)

I tip my hat to anyone who takes on a job of that magnitude...Its alot of fab work...and fab work has drawbacks, is time consuming, and frustrating as hell...I like Joe's idea...step back..chill a bit an go back at it..
I know the frustration...mines in 50 pcs to...every nice day I kick myself...Oh well...Like I say..."you wanna play, you gotta pay"...Just think...you still gotta tune it.... :bang:
Hang in there.... :D