Ventura County in here

Blev

Aug 17, 2003
So. Cal. V-Town
Hey guys,

I have been talking alot to a friend of mine who runs a site called www.builtforspeed.biz He is a really cool guy, he was the one who hosted the Harbor Days car show I was recently in. He has offered us a forum that would be exclusively for us to do with as we wish. He's also a photographer and may be doing a photo shoot with our cars in the future if we wish. Anyone who is interested let me know. As you can see by the e-mail trail, this could potentialy be a very good contact for us.

Tony

CoryFromBuiltForSpeed said:
No problem on the pics. Definetely would like to pop in on one of them
in the future. Definetely throw it out to them about the forum. If they are interested, we can make
it your club forum. You're right, getting forums rolling is a challenge. A major part of our focus this
year for the site is in this direction. Lot's of plans and advancements for 05. Gotta keep us looking
different than any site out there.

Anytime you have any suggestions on how we can improve it, let me know. I am open for suggestions
on anything, especially hotrod stuff. Again, if you can get some guys in your club interested it would
be great. We would like to in the future get some car product sponsors, product reviews, and all sorts
of stuff that is attractive for car clubs to visit us.

Anyway, we can rap about. Let me know if the thumbs up with your club and I will throw you guys up
in there and you can moderate it if you like. As soon as I can I will get the pics to you. Slammed right now
projects coming out the wood work. Busy is good though...

Thanks,

Cory
BFS

Blev said:
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 9:12 AM
To: Cory
Subject: RE: Gallery Photos

Hey bro.....

The pics are nice and would love some full scale images for my page!!

I mentioned to Cheryl that if you wanted to add a stang section I would round up as many stangs as I could. We are having a GTG tonight at Round Table Pizza in Camarillo on Arniel. We meet the first Thursday of every month so if you ever want to pop in and check the scene, you're more than welcome. Getting a forum started is always a hard one, especially for stangs since there are so many. I'll talk to the guys tonight and see what they say. If they are for it I'll let you know. Also if you ever need help with anything, let me know.

Tony
CoryFromBuiltForSpeed said:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 8:31 AM
To: Anthony
Subject: Gallery Photos

Tony,

What's up playa? Just thought I would fire you a e-mail off to let you know
those pics you were asking about are up. If you want copies without the watermark
branding let me know and I can get them to you.

I think you mentioned this to Cheryl, concerning a Mustang forums section. I can add a
forum subcatagory for you. You could even moderate it. (i.e. your in charge of the forum, regulate)

Let me know if you are interested if not moderating, I still can add the forum for your club to hang
out and talk Mustangs with other groups and stuff...

Enjoy the photos!

Thanks,

Cory
Builtforspeed.Biz
"Your place on the web for your adrenalin fix!"

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm, exclusive Ventura Counbty forum.... Could be good for organizing local activity but I do not think it will be that active with just a VC forum. Also it will limit visibility fron neighboring counties and their Stangers looking to do events, Santa Barbara, etc.
On another note it may isloate us and we may miss out on events if we forget to check other forums? Just a thought.

OK all you Ventura County Stang Freaks. I was waiting to drop this on everyone, wanted a little more time to polish things up. Was hoping for an unveiling last night at the GTG but, I guess this is as good a time as any.

We already have a site ready to go.

http://www.stangfreak.com/

I don't have it set up all the way yet. It will have a Forum, picture gallery, ability to set up your own web site similar to car domain and e-mail. I also hope to have a logo soon with StangFreak Racing for all the hats, shirts and literature.

Rocketman said:
OK all you Ventura County Stang Freaks. I was waiting to drop this on everyone, wanted a little more time to polish things up. Was hoping for an unveiling last night at the GTG but, I guess this is as good a time as any.

We already have a site ready to go.

http://www.stangfreak.com/

I don't have it set up all the way yet. It will have a Forum, picture gallery, ability to set up your own web site similar to car domain and e-mail. I also hope to have a logo soon with StangFreak Racing for all the hats, shirts and literature.
:eek: and UBER :eek: Holy chit man..... STANGFREAK'S...I LOVE IT....How you gonna hold out on us man....CHIT on a Shingle and server me a plate, I like it....I like it alot!!!!

Blev said:
:eek: and UBER :eek: Holy chit man..... STANGFREAK'S...I LOVE IT....How you gonna hold out on us man....CHIT on a Shingle and server me a plate, I like it....I like it alot!!!!

I'm getting most of the web page help from my nephew in Kansas City. I asked him to think about a logo, but nothing yet. He has a degree in graphic arts and minor in computer science. He just started a new job with a web design firm, so he's too busy now to do a lot. So, lets come up with a logo!

Damn you guys waste no time huh? So are we gonna go to the winter nats? Which day? I have thursday and friday off. I will get the event schedule and see whats going on which day and post it. Let me know. I don't wanna miss this one.

Here's the schedule. Saturday has more top fuel and prostock running. friday is $25 and saturday is $45.

FRIDAY, November 12
Pit and Spectator Gates Open 7:00 AM
Final Registration and Tech Inspection (Pro's, TAD/TAFC & Comp only) 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Start Engines - Sportsman Qualifying/Eliminations 8:00 AM
Comp Eliminator Qualifying Session 10:00 AM
TAD/TAFC Qualifying Session 12:00 PM
Comp Eliminator Qualifying Session 1:15 PM
Pro Stock Qualifying Session (PS Bike / PS Car) 2:00 PM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Funny Car / Top Fuel Dragster) 3:00 PM
TAD/TAFC Qualifying Session 4:00 PM
Sportsman Eliminations continue 5:00 PM
Secure Track 7:00 PM

SATURDAY, November 13
Start Engines - Sportsman Eliminations 8:00 AM
Comp Eliminator - Round 1 10:00 AM
Pro Stock Qualifying Session (PS Bike / PS Car) 11:00 AM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Top Fuel Dragster / Funny Car) 12:00 PM
TAD/TAFC - Round 1 1:00 PM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Top Fuel Dragster / Funny Car) 3:00 PM
Comp Eliminator - Round 2 4:00 PM

SUNDAY, November 14
Start Engines 9:30 AM
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10:00 AM
Final Eliminations 11:00 AM
Secure Event 4:30 PM

BADGT02 said:
Here's the schedule. Saturday has more top fuel and prostock running. friday is $25 and saturday is $45.

FRIDAY, November 12
Final Registration and Tech Inspection (Pro's, TAD/TAFC & Comp only) 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Start Engines - Sportsman Qualifying/Eliminations 8:00 AM
Comp Eliminator Qualifying Session 10:00 AM
TAD/TAFC Qualifying Session 12:00 PM
Comp Eliminator Qualifying Session 1:15 PM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Funny Car / Top Fuel Dragster) 3:00 PM
TAD/TAFC Qualifying Session 4:00 PM

SATURDAY, November 13
Start Engines - Sportsman Eliminations 8:00 AM
Comp Eliminator - Round 1 10:00 AM
Pro Stock Qualifying Session (PS Bike / PS Car) 11:00 AM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Top Fuel Dragster / Funny Car) 12:00 PM
TAD/TAFC - Round 1 1:00 PM
Nitro Qualifying Session (Top Fuel Dragster / Funny Car) 3:00 PM
Comp Eliminator - Round 2 4:00 PM

SUNDAY, November 14
Start Engines 9:30 AM
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10:00 AM
Final Eliminations 11:00 AM
Secure Event 4:30 PM

Friday or Saturday works for me.

good looking website, just curious why some stuff isn't in english? or did you just buy the domain off someone?

either way, awesome, definately has potential.

a "local" forum would be good for local events, and I don't think it would isolate us. I hit 3-4 stang boards on a regular basis, and if we had a local only board i'd just be adding one more to the list of regular visits.

Was also wondering what everyone thought of Wed the 24th for hitting LACR.. yes thats the day before Thanksgiving.. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too crowded.

Rocketman said:
Friday or Saturday works for me.

I am game either day, however Friday I have to drop the kids off at school first so if you all are set on making gate opening it may not work for me.

Joe

P.S. Once date is set, where do we buy the tickets?

Xjman1 said:
OK, tickets at the gate. Saturday it is. Where are we meeting? Are we carpooling? If so who's driving? I can take the Sentra if saving fuel is an interest.

Joe
If I have the cash I'll go, I just signed a bunch of checks today so I gotta check the account. What time we leaving?

Hey everybody... One of my first times posting in here and man... you guys drive some rediculous Stangs. Always had love for the Mustang... how about that 05? Drove a GT a couple weeks ago and MAN!

You guys should check out the Toys For Tots Event I am putting on in the West Coast forum... I would love to have some Mustangs out there representing..

Islander03GT said:
Awesome, I registered.

I'm sure more is comming.. but how come we have a 5.0 forum and no 4.6 forums? I think Alan is our only 5.0 guy...
We are just starting to get things set up. So it will be a day or two til we have all the right info up. Give us a week or so and the forum should be up to par. There has been so much work put into it since Rusty made the announcement.

Islander03GT said:
Awesome, I registered.

I'm sure more is comming.. but how come we have a 5.0 forum and no 4.6 forums? I think Alan is our only 5.0 guy...

The forum sections were just basically a test to see if it worked. We will have a meeting to decide what the forum sections are. We, "the Ventura County Stangfreaks" will decide what we want in the forum.