Ventura County

• Sponsors (?)

BADGT02 said:
Rusty, sorry couldn't make it today, how did it go? Any pics? I can't wait to get an accufab.

Its in. And all I can say is OMG!!! Major difference. Throttle response and the pull at WOT is amazing. should of done this along time ago. Will have pics soon.

Hey gang.....

We need to plan another meet. I'm thinking this weekend or the following, what do you think? Maybe a short run up to Casitas again or maybe out to S.B. Maybe lunch at LongBoards bar and grill on the pier?

Accufab pics. I put in a Hawker Odyssey PC680 battery at the same time. I was a little paranoid that it wouldn't do the trick. I was WRONG. The car starts just like the stock battery. Battery and mount is 15 lbs.

accufab.jpg

pc6808battery.jpg

pc60.jpg

engine.jpg

Rocketman said:
Its already polished to a chrome like finish. It is aluminum so I guess you could rub a little metal polish on it and spruse it up a little.

TB&plenum.jpg
Stop the press......

It is shiny, sorry man. The other pictures don't do it justice. I got to hurry up and get these damn heads and cams. Time to start eating Top Ramen and saving pennies.

BADGT02 said:
I'm jealous. I want one. But will have to wait after the LT's next month. Heres the pics of my rearend and MM LCA's with the H&R's.

Dustin, the rear end looks real clean. Good job. What's your opinion on the 3.73's. Noticeable pull. Would you do 4.10's now that you have the 3.73's in. Sorry for all the questions, I'm still trying to decide on my gear swap. The ol 3.73 or 4.10 decision!

Get together

Hey fellas I saw Tony posted about another get together, GREAT IDEA. Why don't we pick a night and meet at the Car Show in Newburry Park. $3 to enter, good eats around, great atmosphere and we can recruit from there. The fellas from work are ready to go again.

Been out on vacation and thus quite as of late but DAMN it looks as if a couple of us have been going off on mods. I may have to take the Cobra up a notch faster than I wanted to :shrug:

Also, welcome to the new guy. Where are you located?

Joe & Letty

Xjman1 said:
Hey fellas I saw Tony posted about another get together, GREAT IDEA. Why don't we pick a night and meet at the Car Show in Newburry Park. $3 to enter, good eats around, great atmosphere and we can recruit from there. The fellas from work are ready to go again.

Been out on vacation and thus quite as of late but DAMN it looks as if a couple of us have been going off on mods. I may have to take the Cobra up a notch faster than I wanted to :shrug:

Also, welcome to the new guy. Where are you located?

Joe & Letty

Joe sounds good. I'd like to check out the car show as well. What's the time and dates so I can start planning.

rusty

Okay I am going to throw the date of 07-24-04 out there, show starts at 5pm, how does that work for you fellas? If it sounds like a good date let's start another thread and get the word out. How many Mustangs can we round up for this show? Would be awesome if we had at least 1 from every year.

Joe

Xjman1 said:
Okay I am going to throw the date of 07-24-04 out there, show starts at 5pm, how does that work for you fellas? If it sounds like a good date let's start another thread and get the word out. How many Mustangs can we round up for this show? Would be awesome if we had at least 1 from every year.

Joe
I have tentative plans, but I'll see if I can't mold them into this.

Rusty: How fast do you drive on the freeway? The only reason I went 3:73's is because I cruise between 80 - 90 (depends on traffic) on the freeway (30 miles each way to work). I would say if you don't do over 75 - 80, go with 4:10's. I'm at about 2800 RMP's at 80.

Blev said:
I have tentative plans, but I'll see if I can't mold them into this.

Rusty: How fast do you drive on the freeway? The only reason I went 3:73's is because I cruise between 80 - 90 (depends on traffic) on the freeway (30 miles each way to work). I would say if you don't do over 75 - 80, go with 4:10's. I'm at about 2800 RMP's at 80.

It's my wife I'm worried about. She drives the car more than I do. She usually cruises arount 80 and has no concept of RPM's. My goal was to have a really fun car to drive and not an all out race car. I think 3.73's will meet that goal.

Rocketman said:
It's my wife I'm worried about. She drives the car more than I do. She usually cruises arount 80 and has no concept of RPM's. My goal was to have a really fun car to drive and not an all out race car. I think 3.73's will meet that goal.

I think that would be a safe bet. But you guys have auto's so I think the gearing is different in the tranny, so I really wouldn't know. I need to be in 5th (I hate 5th) just to keep it under 3K doing 80. I am going to the swap meet at pomona on Sunday, hopefully i find something good. Looking into getting some welds and slicks.