Vert and T-top doors...same??

• Sponsors (?)

+1

if you are lucky to find a ttop car without vert mirrors, that will work too, you just will have to give up the vert mirrors

Ha those vert mirrors are ugly. I'd be happy to give them up. I'd suggest getting an '85-86 Convert/ttop door. Much better mirrors, and if you wanted you could put the newer style 87-93 mirrors on but you'd have to change the moulding that runs with the mirrors.

wouldn't it be cheaper to just change out the power options for manual and change the door panels? Then you don't have to paint. The hardware would be the same for vert, t-top, notch, and hatch. Even if you could find the same color door, it's not going to be the "same" color, there's always a noticable difference.

I used 87 vert doors on my 86 T-top when I needed doors. Just swapped the t-top glass over to the vert doors. But 87 doors are the only ones that work because of the mirror location. That is for 86 an older cars...

The windows are different. There is a subtle difference. It is a matter of like a 1/4". you can't even see it until you have both out of the car next to one another. The doors will work. Just depends which mirror and trim set up you want to run. The regulators are different, even though my computer says they are the same. They are not....I tried selling ttop to a vert guy, and the arms are bent at different angles.

the vert mirrors on an 88 ttop MAKE the car. There was only a select handful of 88 only TTop cars (last year of ttops) , and even fewer of those ttop'd 88's were given the vert mirrors! This would mean it was truely one of the last fox ttops ever produced!!

the vert mirrors on an 88 ttop MAKE the car. There was only a select handful of 88 only TTop cars (last year of ttops) , and even fewer of those ttop'd 88's were given the vert mirrors! This would mean it was truely one of the last fox ttops ever produced!!

Wow,,, I'm just the opposite.. I don't like the vert mirrors. Even on the verts, they look out of place to me... Not flaming anybody, just my $.02...

No t-top car came with vert mirrors. The t-top doors are the same as the hardtop doors. They just nip the window frame off. When you have a t-top door apart you can see it. Im on my second t-top car and have had many doors from t-top cars apart and noticed the difference..

Hm.... i don't know what your smoking but pass it on duuuude!:rlaugh: Pretty sure ALOT of 1988 ttop mustangs have vert mirrors on them. I almost bought one with vert mirrors and thought they were aweful.:notnice: It really made question Fords ideas :rolleyes: It does look like chit as well.

The doors were probabbly changed. Ive seen about 50 88 t-top cars and not one had vert doors. And another little tid bit. The 88's were left over 87's so there is no late 88 t-top car they will have the same doors as the 87. The only way they have vert doors is if they were changed or an aftermarket company installed the t-roof.

you guys both are contradicting eachother, I own a 88 ttop with vert mirrors, the doors are original....so what are you guys smoking?

also- another little known tidbit- ford never produced a t-roof fox. They were ALL subcontracted by a fabricator. They rolled off the assembly line essentially as solid roof'd hatch's. The numbers are so gray, but the est is about 300 total units.

you guys both are contradicting eachother, I own a 88 ttop with vert mirrors, the doors are original....so what are you guys smoking?

also- another little known tidbit- ford never produced a t-roof fox. They were ALL subcontracted by a fabricator. They rolled off the assembly line essentially as solid roof'd hatch's. The numbers are so gray, but the est is about 300 total units.

cars and concepts here in my home state of michigan did the conversions as well as the verts for fords.i also own an 88 t-top and has the verts mirrors and is precisely the reason that i bought it because they make the car look great.

F*** YEA HSEAN!!! rare is rare You dont have to love the look guys, but apreciate the rareness!!!!

There are so many different things that are rare. The problem is if you don't like how something looks then who cares how rare it is? I looked at a '88 Lx T-top in person the first thing that crossed my mind was buying '85-86 doors and swapping them. Yeah oh god it was a LX HATCH T-TOP '88!!! Those are so rare in the lx body. lol who cares? I'm not a guy that cares about rare, i mean if you have the 1 and only baby blue ttop with vert mirrors.....thats great. I'm happy for you :D

Heres those ungodly mirrors were speaking of! You'll agree that those a fugly!
View attachment 344023
View attachment 344025

Compared the to mirrors that should of been on there....
View attachment 344027
View attachment 344029

fair enough on personal opinion but...... baby blue....?

attachment.php