Vert wrecked

03GTvert

Nov 2, 2003
This actually happened 11/7 but the insurance company has been dragging it's heels on getting things going. Oh, well - it's courtesy of Sherwin Williams and the dumbass 18 wheeler driver.

He clipped my left rear quarter panel and I spun out and hit the center concrete wall. I have no idea how nobody hit me or me them. This was on I-35 in downtown Austin on my way back to Dallas from San Antonio. Believe it or not I drove my baby back home that night.

She's at the shop now and should be done close to the end of January. I can't believe there was no frame damage.

I will be posting progress pics as I get them.

To celebrate her return I am going to reward her with a Kenne Bell intercooled 9psi kit, 17" deep dish chrome bullet's in the rear and some suspension upgrades.

How's that for starters?

In the mean time I'm driving a really nice 2006 F-150 Super Crew. Sweet!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Sponsors (?)

Try 10K. The entire rear clip is being replaced. The diff & axels are OK, frame OK and the only thing wrong with the suspension is a broken shock. It looks a lot worse than it is but only because it's a vert. If it was a coupe the roof would have buckled too & it would have been over.

Try 10K. The entire rear clip is being replaced. The diff & axels are OK, frame OK and the only thing wrong with the suspension is a broken shock. It looks a lot worse than it is but only because it's a vert. If it was a coupe the roof would have buckled too & it would have been over.
You are right.
I deal with the bodyshop guys almost everyday and I have seen some
cars that look horrible that they are able to fix.
It will cost you or your insurance company major coin but,your car can be fixed.
If your insurance company does total it than it's a great
chance to get a Subaru STI. :nice:
Good luck though.

Ick. She'll never be the same. Your roof looks like it's sagging too. I hope they can bring it back to what it was. . Are you sueing or getting some extra coin from this? Let me guess, your neck hurts, right? ;)

I think i would have tried to make the insurance company total it out. It will never be the same car. I know it will look awesome, but it develop squeaks and rattles that were never there before. In the pics it looks like both doors don't close properly as i see gaps at the rear. I would rather take a small loss and buy another GT vs fix a badly damaged car and have to deal with residual probs. If you do fix it, i'd toss a for sale sign on it right afterwards.

Wrecked uni-body cars are never the same because the force of impact is transfered through every panel

I thought if the repair cost was over 50% of the value of the car, the insurance company's almost always total it out...however, I guess that is not the case.

From a fellow 03 vert driver, I hope it comes back clean.

You didn't mention, but I assume you didn't get hurt since you drove home. I am glad you came out ok, vert drivers don't always come out as good as those with hard tops.

I think I was too mad to hurt at the time.

Anyway, it's 75% and it's still well under that.

The point is not that the car "will never be the same" because if I wanted a squeak/rattle free car I would not have bought a Ford. If a car (in this case daily driver) gets you from point A to B and better yet quickly & with a smile on your face, thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned. I've had this car for almost 4 years now & I love driving it and I still will even though I know the "dirty little secret" of the wreck.

I will post more pics as I get them.