Very hard starts

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Hey guys
I've noticed my car takes a ****load of cranks to get going, it almost feels like it won't start. I tried the prime the pump thing and it does seem to help a lot after priming like 3-4 times. However, once the car starts its a real slow pickup almost sounds like its going to die, then it misfires for a couple seconds then it will rev right up and be normal again. Is it trying to start on 7 for some reason? What would cause a misfire in the very beginning, or is it just the lack of fuel?

• Sponsors (?)

Joe, if you haven't, try hooking your IAT back up and see if it starts easier.
Mine would crank longer with the IAT resistor'd (even though your temps are probably close to the resistor value anyhow).

Does it help if you hold the throttle open a little bit while cranking? Your ISC might be a little gummy.

If not done, check for codes (you might see an idle limit code or something else useful).

Good luck bud.

Joe, if you haven't, try hooking your IAT back up and see if it starts easier.
Mine would crank longer with the IAT resistor'd (even though your temps are probably close to the resistor value anyhow).

Does it help if you hold the throttle open a little bit while cranking? Your ISC might be a little gummy.

If not done, check for codes (you might see an idle limit code or something else useful).

Good luck bud.

Yup, IAT has been back for about 2 months. IAC was cleaned not too long ago.
If I hold the throttle a little it actually tries to start earlier but usually dies after a really slow kickup.

Thanks JT
Joe

If your battery is able to crank the motor a lot (my interpretation of the first post), unless it cranks slow, I'm not sure this is it.

If your system voltage is over 12.6 once you're running, you should be ok (otherwise, after jump starts because of dead batteries, the cars would run like poop).