Very impressed! MGW+pro 5.0

Vic_Ferrari

Sep 25, 2003
lake mary, FL
My hats's off to MGW here...

I installed a pro 5.0, and it works well...but the handle is too far forward (I was nailing the radio with my knuckle going into 3rd). I was also "reaching" to pull it out of 3rd into 4th.

I ordered an MGW adjustable shift handle.....what a steal for $30.
It's fully adjustable, so you can have your knob in nearly any configuration you want. The unit is billet anodized aluminum. It comes with heavy duty mounting bolts (and nuts in ase the threads in the knob give out), several different washers so you can adjust your feel, and numerous grommets so your boot fits properly when it's all done.

I threw mine on and adjusted it with the handle farther back and slightly left, and it's now in perfect position. In normal driving, there is a nice positive feel and it goes into gear effortlessly.
When powershifting, it goes right in, but you do need to HIT THE SHIFTER HARD into gear in order to do it quickly. As long as you hit it hard you will never miss a gear.
You can seriously make a fist while it's in second and PUNCH the shifter with a closed fist....IT WILL go into 3rd!

I can't believe how quiet it is, too.

I wish Pro 5.0 would include a handle like this with their shifters...

• Sponsors (?)

MiamiFan1354 said:
How hard is it to install a shifter, and does it look stock?

Got to be the simplest mod I've done to date. Very easy to perform and makes a world of difference in the way the tranny feels & shifts! If you re-use the stock shifter knob nobody would ever know there was a Pro 5.0 or MGW handle underneath!

U.M.

along with a short shifter, i would recommend a clutch adjuster and quadrant to anyone. You can manually adjust where your clutch catches whenever you want to coincide with the type of driving you're lookign to do!