very weird problem with guage cluster

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
so the couple weekends ive been home in the past month or so ive been driving my car with no speedo/tach/water temp/oil pressure/fuel guage/volt meter. for the past year or so the guages would stop working and all i would have to do is play with one of the two bigger metal fuses in the interior fuse box to get them to work, but now the guages wont work no matter how i position the fuse. what is wrong with my car and how do i fix this problem???

• Sponsors (?)

Skymarshal said:
Did wiggling the fuse definitely cause the gauges to start working again? Obviously, replace the fuse, and if that doesn't work, you might have a loose wire on the back of the fuse panel.
wiggling the fuse definately did cause them to work again...and i played with the wires behind the fuse box and that did nothing. if i hit the fuse panel, the guages will jump a little, but wont stay working

Sounds like the connectors that the fuse fits into are loose. I've had some luck with those by taking a small screwdriver and CAREFULLY prying against the side of the fuse block to crimp the connectors a little. You just need to get them to hold the fuse more tightly, and the gauges should work again.

Lsredy2kstang said:
OxMox does not have a handle on basic english though does he?:Teh-Win:

lmao! hukd on fhoniks werkd fer meh

newbkeyboard.jpg

Attachments

• newbkeyboard.jpg
    newbkeyboard.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76