VHT Nightshades

Today my friend came over and we put VHT Nightshades on his BMW taillights. Over all they look absolutely amazing. I still have half of the can left and i when i first got my stang i said i was going to be the first with tinted cheesegraters. well i'm going to do it! i cant wait!!! it's going to look awesome! some time this week probably on sat.

here's some pics of his BMW:

365310229_1258771563_0.jpg

365311603_1258776633_0.jpg

365312264_1258779090_0.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

those tails look like small red X's :D

pics didn't show up dave but i was also curious how the VHT Nightshades works, i'll be keeping an eye on this in case you fix the pics :nice: and i think smoked cheesegrates would look pretty cool

they look good dave

does anyone else have any feedback on the VHT nightshades?? i was considering using it to see how it works... smoked tails are $139.00 and the can of VHT is $12.99 lol... which would you go with? any positive or negative experiences?? thanks

Chris

i have heard nothin bad about it. but a cool guy at my autozone has (99-04 supercharged gt) has tinted lights, i asked him about it the other night whne i was returning my core ps pump and he told me he used tint tape,he paid 10.00 for some privacy smoke tint at home depot and he could do about 10 cars with the role, it was tape or something im going to investigate. he says both don't take kind to suv damage(logical) but he says at least with the tape it peels off(if its not 10 years old) and if you remove the vht with something like mineral spirits or something you know that old plastic is going to tarnish...idk either are logical, i think im gona try the tape first since i cant get any vht locally and ebay/summit etc want 18-22.00 for it shipped and who knows how old the can is they are sending..
but idk cause im sure a good hand and steady eye some clearcoat and vht you got some real decent tinted lights not to mention you can control the tint by how many coats you do..

it was all in all very easy. just took out the tails, rubbed them clean with some 3M adhesive/wax remover. then just sprayed a very light coat of it onto them. we did three coats(the max recommended). some dirt got onto one of them and made little crinkles in between one of the coats. after that we sprayed some duplicolor clear enamel and they came out all nice and shiny

i'm pretty sure my friend bought a 10 ounce can that came with the duplicolor for just under 20. the can says it sprays 12-14 yards consecutively so it def is enough for mine too. i'll find out where he got the kit from

I've seen it work good and seen it come out terrible. My buddy did his taillights on his 96 GT and they look awesome, then he did his girlfriends CL taillights and they came out with a flat finish. I also had a set come out with a flat finish. If done right they definatly look good.

I don't like it! :notnice:

Me either.

It's amazing the trends with taillights. First there were taillight covers, then clear tails, then altezzas, now the trend is to smoke over every light on the car. I'm not even a fan of the look at all not to mention the legal ramifications. Cops do ticket for it as it's modded safety equipment and if you get rear ended, if the other person is savvy enough they can easily fight with the insurance company and claim your brake lights were impaired. One photo of your tinted taillights and it's 50/50 and you are paying your own deductable. Something to think about if you have a $1000 deductable.

Is it probable. Prob not. Could it happen? Yes

I used VHT on my '90 (taillights) but the difference is so subtle that you may not notice they're shaded. Imo, the lights on the Bimmer are too dark. I'm not much into the smoked look but smoked headlights look good on some cars. The "blacked-out" look is a no go. Front or rear.