Viberation at 4500rpm after flywheel install...

:( well, was worried about this.., and now I got this viberation.
Installed my Centerforce Billet steel flyweel and Dual Friction clutch assembly, together with new bolts and bearings and a steel bearing retainer.
The new clutch has been carefully breaked in, normal city stop and go driving.
Its smooth and the clutch feels great. So, if I rew it to around 4500rpm its starts viberate a litte around 4200 and disappers again after 5000rpm.
I installed the driveshaft in the same position as before, and its viberates even if i just rew the engine with the clutchpedal to the floor.
The only thing I have been adding to my car is a set off STEEDA crossmember poly bushings, and energy suspension transmission poly bushing/transmission month. So, do I have to rebalance my engine internals,try another dampfer or just live with it ... Any ideas ? Thanks. :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I now have the same problem and I think it is the bushings allowing more vibration to be felt. I replaced and checked everything like you have and the car drives great and the shifter shakes no more than before but I have a vibration and mine changes with rpm.

speedytang said:
I now have the same problem and I think it is the bushings allowing more vibration to be felt. I replaced and checked everything like you have and the car drives great and the shifter shakes no more than before but I have a vibration and mine changes with rpm.
..Thanks for your input. Yes, I has been thinking of that. The new bushings are hard as stone, compared to the old soft rubber ones from-86. As mentioned , my car runs great, but Iam a little worried about the vib. problem.
The best thing ,is that It may shake off some mud and other paricles from the chassi... :rolleyes:

I installed a 408 stroker kit in a 351w block a while back and have had a shake at a similar range as well. My problem is due to balance. I did not have the rotating assembly balanced when building the motor. I would suspect that your new flywheel is out of balance with the rest of the motor. Due to production tolerances from Ford and Centerforce you could end up with a substantial difference, even if all components are built to spec. Good Luck.