Vibration in front end.

The Hitman

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2001
Orlando, FL
So, something odd has occurred recently.

I'm getting a vibration in the front end when making a LEFT TURN ONLY. Right turns are 100% normal.

Here are the details.
1.) It is a slight vibration but very noticable.
2.) Makes NO NOISE.
3.) Seems to get worse as car warms up.
4.) Can be felt somewhat in straights and on launch.
5.) Can feel something vibrating (as though it's loose) when the car idles. Can be felt in the steering wheel and pedals.
6.) CAR IS COMPLETELY NORMAL IN RIGHT TURNS.

I took it too a shop and they said that everything seemed tight.
Now, when I bought my car I knew it had been wrecked before and the drivetrain is angled slightly toward the passenger side of the car. The shop told me that it seems that the drivetrain has just shifted over the years and is now vibrating against the body. WHICH COULD BE POSSIBLE.

But I'm feeling like it's something up front. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

The Vibration feels like the tire is rubbing. I mean I know that's not what it is.. but that's what it feels like.

I thought the engine had blown up at first.. but it runs fine.

PS. All parts like tie rods and ball joints were checked.

Again, COMPLETE NORMAL IN RIGHT TURNS.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

:shrug: Maybe check your wheel bearings...Sounds like you have a lot going on there. If something is moving and rattling against the body it could be lateral force related (ie. when you turn). Nah..it wouldent be wheel bearings if its making no noise. Could tailpipes or some part of the exhaust be bumping against something?

Could possibly be wheel bearing since it is one side not the other, but maybe a control arm bushing went bad or a ball joint. What about a rack and pinion?

It could be in the rack and pinion I suppose. I can feel it in the steering.. but in the gas pedal as well.

I know it's not ball joints because I just had those changed out.

go-stang5.0 - I also thought about the exhaust because I heard it scrape over a speed bump the other day that it never scrapes on. But It feels tight. :shrug: