Vibration in Fuel Lines?

xsvstang

Apr 5, 2001
I have a 4 banger coupe that I intend on putting in a 351W based stroker. I recently put in a new fuel system. It is plumbed from a Grannatelli pickup, 8AN braided to fuel filter, Summit 140 GPH pump, 8AN braided to 1/2" aluminum line to bulkhead fitting, braided to Mallory regulator with return.

The return line is similar with the aluminum tube/ braided plumbing.
The car has no engine so I provided some power to the pump to check for leaks. The pump is not overly loud, but what sounds like vibration from the lines is annoying.

The aluminum lines are held in place with rubber insulated clamps and are very secure. It sounds almost if the lines are vibrating together which they are not. As stupid as it sounds it is almost as if the fuel is vibrating the the aluminum feed line from the inside. If you put your hand on it you can feel vibrations, but no enough for it to be vibrating against anything.

Any insight??? :shrug:

btw... I can get the sound to diminish some by turning the pressure adjusting nut on the regulator.

• Sponsors (?)

Ya, the pump should change with the pressure, but probably not as much as you'd like.

What PSI are you running?

My bud has a return system smiliar to yours, they don't complain of the noise