Vibration problems

stevesLX

Nov 12, 2006
cincinnati
O.K. guys. I drove my car all day Monday and parked it. I pull it out of the driveway Tuesday morning and go to take off and I have this horrendous vibration at 3000 RPM's and it starts to feel like its not as bad after 4000 RPMs. So here's the real kicker to this. If you are sitting still in neutral and rev the car up it does it also. It doesn't matter if you have the clutch in to the floor or all the way out it still does it. So I pulled the tranny out and jacked up the rear of the motor to where it normally sits and tighten the motor mounts back up and started the car and you can't feel it vibrate anymore. Hook the tranny back up and you can. I put a 2nd tranny in just to rule mine out and you can still feel it as soon as you rev it up to 3000 rpm's. This vibration is bad it comes up thru the seats the shifter , the floor. I just can't comprehend as to what could possibly being causing this. My clutch and flywheel are only 2 months old. And why does it do it with the tranny hooked up but doesn't when it's not?:mad::mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Have you looked at your balancer? Even the motor mounts may be bad. I dont get why you took out the tranny, you could jack up the motor with it still attached to the motor. Maybe the tranny mount is shot or your drive shaft is out of balance. Hell it may even be the tires are out of balance. I had a 83 f 150 that would vibrate like crazy at 70 mph and i got the tires balanced and it went away.

Have you looked at your balancer? Even the motor mounts may be bad. I dont get why you took out the tranny, you could jack up the motor with it still attached to the motor. Maybe the tranny mount is shot or your drive shaft is out of balance. Hell it may even be the tires are out of balance. I had a 83 f 150 that would vibrate like crazy at 70 mph and i got the tires balanced and it went away.

Read my post again. It does it if you are sitting still. The car doesn't have to be moving for it to do it.

I pulled my balancer off this morning and the weight on the back side of it was lose. So I tighten the bolts back down and threw back on and started the car and reved it up and it still vibrated but not until around 5000 RPM's now. I need some help here what is going on with this thing.