Victor 5.0 VS Ported Cobra/Downs Box

• Sponsors (?)

The stock Victor 5.0 flows a little less than 300cfm average. I am working on one now. If you pay for the round trip shipping, I'll flow that lower and the downs for you.

Tom,

I'll ship it out before weeks end. Just PM me your address again. I know it was still working well at my old power level, but I am going to stage II heads and another 33 CI.

The Victor flows about what the box stock Vic Jr's flow...makes sense it being matched.

View attachment 417323
View attachment 417325
View attachment 417327

Why did u pick just the Victor and Downs box? What about the TFS-R, Holley systemax ll and Syder intake from CHP.

The Victor is a race intake and pulls from 3500-8000. The TFS-R pulls from 2500-7500 and the Holley 2000-6500. I have a Victor on my R304ci longrod and I do not like how it does not come on till 3500rpm. The top end is incredible but I like more bottom end tq. And the Victor will not fit under a stock hood. I know, I cut out reinforcements in the hood and it still does not clear w/o marking up the intake and putting a dent in the hood, once someone who is not familar with the hood drops it like on a stock 302.

Never tried the spyder EFI but had both the Holley on my 347 stroker and TFS-R on my 331 stroker. Had trouble with the Holley sucking oil thru the intake and it did not give me the power that I wanted on the 347 with AFR 185 heads. One problem was they were both not port matched to one another. There was quite a bit of discrepancy between them. But other people have run them and put down some impressive #'s. Friend has a 87 drag car with Victor Jr's stage 3 port and a saleen intake and custom HR Isky cam. puts down 780rwhp on 25lbs of boost from a YSi.

I personally like the TFS-R once it is full race ported. flows 325 a little more than my heads and the R is port matched to a 1262 and the 205 Track heats r ported to a 1262R.

Don't like the look of the downs box.

I currently have a ported GT40 and downs box upper. A local guy has a new Victor 5.0 EFI pretty cheap.

I will be running a pretty stout combo.

Hood clearance is non issue.

I made 660 at the back wheels with my current 331, Box stock Victor Jr's, OTS cam, and T-Trim at 17#

Look at my sig for new combo.

The Victor will flow in the 320~340 range depending on the amount of work you put into it. Both upper and lower must be worked. If you want/need a tight flow balance, it will tend to hold the average numbers down.