victor jr or super vic on n/a efi 418w

Travis77

Oct 1, 2004
Baytown, TX
I am going to go ahead and try a different intake setup in order to fit my 351W under the hood of my 67 mustang. I realize it is really high, but plan to run a sheetmal elbow toward the back of the motor(firewall) with a simple cone filter. I think this will fit :eek:

Does anyone have a recomendation as to which one to use. The motor has a mild cam with brodix track 1 heads with stage 3 port. It has a fast setup with 90mm t/b.

• Sponsors (?)

I would think even the Vic Jr will be tight under the hood depending on the height ofyour elbow, are you running the filter into the cowl panel??

I would prefer to put a Super Vic on that motor depending on the exact combo, how much compression, solid or hyd roller, rpm you plan to turn it?

hope to have enough room to recess it into the firewall. The cowl is another option. Hydrualic roller, 6200rpm or so, 11:1 compression. I will probably just buy the super vic and hope for the best. I wished the victor jr was available with efi bosses already installed.

If you din you need the JR, You might want to try Probe/CHP, they may still have some Vic Jr spyders around, you will need to use their fuel rails or fab up your own mounts...not too hard. BBRC can do the conversion for you if you want a standard carb Jr converted, Chris's welding is awesome behindbarsracecars.com

The reason I asked about the cowl is I think you'll need a desent size filter so you don't choke it, the cowl panel works nice but I haven't done it on a NA older Mustang. Sounds like a cool project...