Video clip of my car, walkaround and driving

WTF IS THIS

807341_178_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Those guys are harsh. The car is one thing, but the engine build isn't that bad

Yeah the engine isnt bad at all, I can see what their saying with the dirt on the cylinder walls, but I dont see what the problem is with the lint lol. The car though, I mean jeeze, yeah a racecar isnt supposed to look nice, but thats just over the top not giving a hell lol.

The guy probably could have been cleaner but he was reusing pistons and such. Most people dont realize that most budget builds or builds for that matter really arent sterile. Lots of these engines still run good. You try and keep things as clean as possible but sometimes your not gonna keep it spotless. The key is to drain the oil out right after running it for 15 mins. I also definitely agree on that camera picking up things and making things look dirtier then they are. My friend is building a 347 blower motor and his machine work is way better then that guys but hes building it at work and its definitely not spotless but im sure its gonna run fine. Things I think the guy should have done are painting his block, taken the time to at least scrape some of that carbon off the pistons even if its not really critical, and better bore cleaning. But in reality, that engine is far from the worst thing to hit that car. Talk about sleeper.

You guys get caught up in drama too much. This is just a racecar project for me. Of course it's not my only car. It dosn't have power steering/brakes, no a/c or heat, top or anything. I'm not sure if that's aparent...Have you guys ever driven gokarts? You know, the fast ones? That's the most accurate discription of the way this car drives.
It's a built chassis, suspension, and engine. With nothing else. Last time I checked, that was the formula for a good racecar. Not a "socially accecptable" street car. Sorry it's not up those standards. It's kinda like camshaft theory: sacrafice torque down low for HP at higher rpms. I can see by how critical of my personal taste you are, that you must really be in it for other reasons than going fast. I've got the nitrous ready. Now I need a new set of slicks, and the pinion angle needs to be reduced a couple of * and the car will hook.
The fun part is I can legaly drive it on the streets of CA, and neer be required to smog again. And this is in SOCAL. We'll call it a beaurocratic 'loophole'.
Anyway you all have no idea how much care I put into that car. Maybe it's just not your idea of "care".

Forinstance in the first 100miles on the new engine I changed the oil 3 times already.
I call that "CARE"
Have fun with all those pretty cars, but I bet mine will equal or better speed of any stockblock 306/power-adder car around.

Oneday, when the car is all done and said, then the body will get fixed and painted.
But for now, the car is a brutal fast rush that I love, and take care of.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4394635722748417098

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-394475845515708177

That's all that matters to me. :p

dscn1397bp7.jpg

Attachments

• dscn1397bp7.jpg
    dscn1397bp7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 45
the corral sucks c***

Those guys are harsh. The car is one thing, but the engine build isn't that bad

yea everytime i look at anything on the corral i dislike those guys more and more, seems liek there just differnt people. way to uptight and are always bashing something. hell some guys on here think our "search" junkies are bad.... hell no go over there and ask a question without searching it first your likely to get banned. thats why im here!!

I understand not worrying about looks when you just want to go fast. It's things like holding down a battery with bungee cords that bothers me. If you're trying to build a "race car", I'm pretty sure that won't pass tech. I really want to see a vid of you beating the **** out of it. Maybe even a little spray??
Btw, what are Pro-comp heads? I've never heard of them.