Mach 1 VIN check?

ponyboy302

Nov 16, 2003
Hey guys, I'm gonna sell my fox and kick it up a notch with a 2003 Mach 1, The thing is when I was looking over this one that im set on buying i didnt see any VIN numbers on the inside of the fenders nor on the hood. I know on some of the GTs i dont see them as well. So my question is are there any VIN numbers on the fenders and the hoods of your Mach 1s?

• Sponsors (?)

The main place to look is on the top of the driver's side dash cover where it meets the bottom of the windshield. It may also be included on the sticker affixed to the driver's side door jamb. Look for the all-important "R" in the VIN to insure it's not a mock 1.

Yup, top of drivers side dash cover at base of the windshield. I think there's a partial vin number on the sticker on the drivers side door, the one with the tire pressure recommendations.

I wouldn't think stamping vin numbers on collision-replaceable items like the hood and fenders would be such a good idea.

TR03Mach1 said:
I wouldn't think stamping vin numbers on collision-replaceable items like the hood and fenders would be such a good idea.

Yah theres usually non removeable stickers (they disinegrate if you try) on the fenders and hoods of cars. I just wanted to find out if the front end was damaged and if the parts were replaced but it seems like theres none up there.

Thanks alot guys for the quick responses =) picking it up on thursday probably =)

2003 Mach1 w/ 17k miles on it.
Shadow Gray