Vin stamped into chassis on 96 GT??

I just imported my 1996 GT to Sweden. I'm here but in order to register the car the authorites say that the VIN must be stamped onto the chassis of the car. In other words, the metal plate bolted to the car near the dash isn't good enough, and neither is a taped label in the door jam.

Is there another location of the VIN? In my research it seems only Saleen stamps the VIN directly onto the chassis. Stupid FORD!!!:mad:

Thanks, peeps! :)

Cindy

• Sponsors (?)

If I remember correctly, there are a couple places I have seen the VIN # stamped on the chasis...1) in the engine bay on both the left and right side channels where the hood sits. 2) in the driver's side door...lift off the plastic sill and pull the carpet back a little, it should be stamped right on the edge between the front and back door seals.

I'm horrible at explaining things. Sorry. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

96LaserRedGTS said:
I just imported my 1996 GT to Sweden. I'm here but in order to register the car the authorites say that the VIN must be stamped onto the chassis of the car. In other words, the metal plate bolted to the car near the dash isn't good enough, and neither is a taped label in the door jam.

Is there another location of the VIN? In my research it seems only Saleen stamps the VIN directly onto the chassis. Stupid FORD!!!:mad:

Thanks, peeps! :)

Cindy

You need to stamp the VIN on top of the strut tower, that is common practice with imported US cars. Any car repair shop can help you with that.

And we did just that

blackmustang01 said:
You need to stamp the VIN on top of the strut tower, that is common practice with imported US cars. Any car repair shop can help you with that.

Hehe, thanks, that is exactly what we did last Friday! :D

To the other poster, I didn't lift up the plastic labels on the door jam or under the left and ride side on the engine bay, but is the Vin REALLY stamped under those labels??? I don't wanna look under them for fear they'll never adhere to the paint again. LOL

Thanks!

Cindy

96LaserRedGTS said:
Hehe, thanks, that is exactly what we did last Friday! :D

To the other poster, I didn't lift up the plastic labels on the door jam or under the left and ride side on the engine bay, but is the Vin REALLY stamped under those labels??? I don't wanna look under them for fear they'll never adhere to the paint again. LOL

Thanks!

Cindy

Cindy,

FYI, the carpet is not glued to the floorboard, it just lays on top, so you don't have to worry about not getting it to lay right. I take the carpet out of my car about every 1-2 years to clean it. It comes out and goes back in pretty easily amazingly.