35th Anniv Vinyl Hood Sticker Removal.

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by dhunterd08, Aug 21, 2011.

1. dhunterd08

dhunterd08 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I am sure everyone in here has had some kind of problem with their hood sticker(Bubbling, partial tearing, etc). This may be common knowledge to most, but I searched the forum up and down and couldnt find anything. So in case anyone is wondering, a heat gun will take the sticker right off. There was a full coating of adhesive on the entire area after I removed it. I tried goo gone and had no results whatsoever. After 2 cans of 3m adhesive removal and some elbow grease it all came right off. Even after 12 years of a sticker, clearcoat and paint were both perfect. No lines whatsoever. It really improved the neatness of my car IMO. Just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone else was wondering.:D

2. VOORHEES

VOORHEES Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy
    Mod Dude

Mine is still intact, have had no issue with cracking/bubbling/etc. I got a little advise from a Mustang restorer. He told me to never wax the hood stripe. it dries the sticker out and ruins it.

-Jason

3. SoundsLush

SoundsLush Member

Mine had a tear right down the middle when I got it and yes I agree a heat gun will work. :) You can also buy a replacement one from different mustang shops online.