violent shaking

well my problem is at 85mph and over there is a very harsh vibration. Harsh enough if a push in the clutch the car comes out of gear i just got a new trans and clutch last week also under acceleration in 1st and 2nd i can feel it but only slightly and if i take my foot off the trottle it lessens is slightly. but it is still pretty bad.

• Sponsors (?)

blastit116 said:
well my problem is at 85mph and over there is a very harsh vibration. Harsh enough if a push in the clutch the car comes out of gear i just got a new trans and clutch last week also under acceleration in 1st and 2nd i can feel it but only slightly and if i take my foot off the trottle it lessens is slightly. but it is still pretty bad.

Sure you're DS is installed the way you took it out? If it increases as the speed increses, my guess is that your driveshaft is out of balance, try rotating it 1/4 until it goes away.

I vote +1 on the driveshaft. I bet they installed it 180 degrees off, from how it should've been installed. Take it back and make them fix it. Low speed clunks could be several things, so I'd be sure to mention that it started doing that since they worked on it, also. It sounds to me like they left something loose, or damaged a mount (engine or tranny), and put your driveshaft back in wrong.

-Matt

I'll bet a dollar that one or more of the U-Joints are bad.

If a driveshaft is out of balance, rotating it is not going to accomplish anything. They're not balanced to be installed in any certain relation to the transmission or rear end. If that were the case then noone would ever be able to install an aluminum or aftermarket drive shaft without having it specifcally balanced for their vehicle.

could be your steering column hitting your headers. i had a mechanic take a crowbar to the headers and try and free up some space. the vibration went away, now there might be a slight tapping at idle, but thats it. if thats not it, it could be your exhaust banging against your frame.

well i had to start some were so i started looking around the clunking was my driverside rear wheel that when i had my new tires put on this weekend they forgot to tighten the lugs and they where not evan on a half a turn i swear guys at the shop trying to get home on a sat and putting my life at risk is not cool so i have to call them and the u joints started speaking so i am going to replace them this weekend
thanks for yalls imput
brandon

p.s. any tips on taking out the drive shaft.

12 point impact socket and a breaker bar. Rotate the drive shaft so that you can access two at a time. Break em loose then jack the car up and rotate it for the other two. PUt them back in with thread lock and torque the crap out of them using the same method you used to break em loose. Unless you have a press, you may need to find a shop or dealership to actually swap the new joint onto the DS. Good Luck!