Visited with my Dealer Friday

Discussion in '2007 - 2014 Shelby GT500 Tech' started by fladriver, Oct 1, 2005.

1. fladriver

fladriver New Member

Stopped by to chat with the sales manager at my local Ford dealership Friday to see if there was any new news on the Shelby GT500.

Still says I am on top of the list and he expects to receive three for sure and maybe four. I have bought several cars from him and always paid cash. He knows I am a good customer and reassured me that I will get the very first one that he receives.

He did tell me that we should be able to build the car with the options we want and pick the color.

He thinks that the car will come in betwen $45,000 to $50,000 with options. But has no hard info yet.

How much longer will we have to wait, maybe July06?

2. Dyoct

Dyoct Member

Your dealer is correct on telling you he has no hard info yet. Very good for him and you. From my internship experience, Ford dealers out there will have some very ugly issues when they realize they can't deliver on promises they've already made. You can believe me or not, but I have connections, personal and filial with Ford. Last I heard, SVT marketing people were looking at a target MSRP of $41K. Your dealer might get three and that is it. The official allocation plan hasn't been determined, but there was an internal communication, that I believe was mentioned on this site as well on just how the 7,200 units will be distributed. If you do end up getting it, you will not be disappointed, trust me. There was also talk about SVT doing some more work to "upset GM." I haven't gotten much more info since I'm still waiting to start work there, but once I do. Believe me, I'll be gobbling up any piece of info I can find!