Vortec V3 installation????

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
I am hoping to purchase a V3 self lubrication supercharger sometime before next summer. How hard is the installation? What tools will be needed? I just want to have everything ready. By no means am I a mechanic but can an average joe tackle this job on a weekend? Will it be safe to drive the car in low rpms a couple hours away to get her tuned?

• Sponsors (?)

I am hoping to purchase a V3 self lubrication supercharger sometime before next summer. How hard is the installation? What tools will be needed? I just want to have everything ready. By no means am I a mechanic but can an average joe tackle this job on a weekend? Will it be safe to drive the car in low rpms a couple hours away to get her tuned?

I'm 18 and i can take off my supercharger/brackets and stuff off with my eyes closed, in fact i did it to take my intake manifold off for my fuel rail install. It's literally so easy if its a self lubrication head unit.. Just lay everything out and take your time. Don't get intimidated by the install. It's easy....and if i were you, id have the car trailered. Simple hand tools are needed for the install. And dropping the tank to swap the pump is easy too, just take your time and you'll figure out its easier than you expected.