Vortech Pulley?

davis1d0

Mar 4, 2010
Here where I'm at, I'm doing the Fox tb conversion and then using a Fox vortech v3 kit on the car. The problem is we can't get the crank pulley to fit between the radiator and engine.... also it does not seem to fit inside the crank pulley I have. So we check on a stock mustang, same year, still will not fit. I spoke with Vortech and the pulley from the Fox kit is actually smaller, diameter wise, then the one for our cars so it should fit in the crank pulley. Then I asked about the clearance with the radiator and they had nothing that could answer this question other then wondering if the radiator was aftermarket, which I can't say for sure as the car hit a deer before I bought it. But I can't believe that they put some super radiator in this thing that would cause that kind of clearance problem.

So has anyone had this problem or does anyone have some idea of how to get around it?

I'm going to talk to Vortech again and see if they can't help me get some other pulley that maybe smaller depth wise that will replace both the supercharger crank and the accessories crank.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you running Fox front accessories and timing cover?

If you are still using the SN95 timing cover and front accessories then get a SN95 vortech crank pulley, not a Fox. The pulley is a double, one piece pulley that replaces the stock crank pulley.

yes I'm still using the SN95 parts... I asked about that when I was talking with the guy from Vortech, he said it was the same, but I don't really think that he knew what I was talking about. I will call again and see if I can get one.

thanks

If running SN95 accessories you need to run a SN95 specific vortech crank pulley otherwise the serpentine belt will not line up.

Plus if running the 8 rib setup the supercharger crank pulley will be about 1/2" from the electric fan motor and if running an aftermarket aluminum radiator you will have to remove the metal backing plate off the fan motor for the bit extra clearence