Vortech S trim ,, 8 PSI boost safe???

• Sponsors (?)

Once you hear it whine upon startup, you'll fall in love. I originally was fearing I'd not be able to stand it, but in a split second I changed my mind :banana:

That's an A-trim on my car, may be an S soon enough... :spot:

The SC trim will have the 6 rib belt, while the S-trim comes with the 8 rib. Also, the S-trim comes with a metal discharge tube instead of plastic, the T-Rex fuel pump, MSD BTM, and the bypass valve.

how did you like the powerdyne on the ported stock stuff?? i'm just wondering in comparison to my ported stock set up on a 100 shot dry? been super itching to pick up a entry level blower and go kick some ls1 arse!

GroverDill said:
If it were more efficient and can be spun faster I would think it would make more boost/HP.

Actually, I think it can make just as much HP/boost. The A-trim was the old design and was far behind the S-trim. From the way I understand it, the new SC is actually more efficent than the S trim but needs to be spun faster to produce the same numbers. As a result, it may make the same end boost as the S trim but come into boost later. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but when I looked into upgrading to the S-trim impeller, I found that for the difference in numbers, it wouldn't make sense ... Rick91gt is the man that is very familiar with the differences between the two.

The powerdyne was a beast on my stock ported stuff, with 3:27 gears when I'd get in second on street tires I would have to feather the gas to keep traction, I just decided to get what I always wanted a VORTECH, I wanted a supercharger that made a little extra noise too :)