Vortech Superchager

lxman

Nov 5, 2010
Avondale, AZ
I put a Vortech V3 supercharger on my 86 gt today and absolutely love it! My car loves the boost. I cant wait till im finished building my 347 and put it on that motor! Gonna put it on the dyno hopefully next week to make sure everything is woring properly and see if i need to tweek somethings or not. But overall im impressed on how it performs on just a stock 5.0!

• Sponsors (?)

Is that the Si trim? Are you using the FMU or regulator and larger pump(s)? Inector size??? Details!!! I've been waffling between one of these and a turbo. Probably go with a charger for ease of installation..

Yeah im using an FMU. Right now everything is setup for the stock 19 lbs injectors. But when i put it on the 347 im gonna use 49 lbs injectors. It was eaay as hell to put in. Well worth the time and money. All stock setup bolt on and go! Well i did convert the 86 to mass air but thats it all stock. Im going to put it on our dyno soon to check and make sure she is running correctly still. Make sure it isnt leaning out or going to rich atuff like that. I will keep you posted.

I've been toying with the thought of picking up a Vortech for my car. It may not make the same power a turbo makes pound for pound, but the simplicity and reliability of these centri-boosted cars is awesome! Definitely let us know how everything goes! Is the 347 a stock block?

I had a Powerdyne BD11a making 10 psi with an FMU and 19lb injectors with a 190 lph fuel...car ran lean..but ran...lol...On a stock 5.0 on my 87 GT convertible with Speed density...car ran great fro what it was...Now im turbo with mods in SIG talk about a difference ....not even close to the same car...GO TURBO for the OP who was thinking blower or turbo...lol...

Yeah the 347 stroker im building is unfortunately a stock block, but im eventually going to replace it with a boss 363. I was going to go with a precision billet T76 turbo but the supercharger will do me hust fine for what im wanting. This car is my daily driver. I want to post pics for you guys but i cant figure out how to do it from my phone. My computer is messed up right now.

Yeah i like supercharged cars had a few..Went turbo nothing like it...And this is a daily...i use it at least 3/4 times a week to go to work...But i can understand why you went with a blower...:nice:

V3's are nice. Self contained, plenty of airflow, no oil lines to run, or holes to punch in your oil pan. Not to mention, they can be bought in powdercoated satin black finish. :drool:

fox-body_black_system.jpg

Yeah i loved how easy it all went together. I didnt know you could get it in black! That would be awesome cuz all my stuff for my 347 build is the black satin. I really love the fact that you dont have to run extra oil lines. It makes for a lot clean build in my opinion.

I have the V3 Sci kit on my car, it's great. Be prepared to end up at about 10-12lbs of boost though(pulley kit, pump, MAF, injectors, tune). The stock kits don't hit boost until like 4K RPM and then it creeps up to 5-6 @ redline.

I have the V3 Sci kit on my car, it's great. Be prepared to end up at about 10-12lbs of boost though(pulley kit, pump, MAF, injectors, tune). The stock kits don't hit boost until like 4K RPM and then it creeps up to 5-6 @ redline.

WOW really 4k on the stock pulley what a waste...I had almost instant boost with my powerdyne...,made 10 psi all in at 4k...Glad i went turbo then...

I already plan on a dyno tune and all. Been the plan for a lobg time. Im just now starting to put it all together. Im going to tune it at work after i put my new intake on and 42 lb injectors etc.

WOW really 4k on the stock pulley what a waste...I had almost instant boost with my powerdyne...,made 10 psi all in at 4k...Glad i went turbo then...

Well, the kit as advertised as +75HP or whatever. It does a decent job for working with all stock components. If you had say 5psi @ 3K RPM you would have alot more then +75HP at redline. It's a pretty big compressor just geared way way down.

Yeah they are alright. Im running mine on a dyno tomorrow just for :poo:s and grins. To see my numbers. Then tweek some things for the tune that i will do soon. I will let everyone know the numbers, and this will be on my otherwise stock 86 GT converted to mass air.