vortech supercharger FOX to sn95 swap

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
i've decided to go the blower route. wont be any time soon. maybe next year. i decided to go blower because my HP goals for the car isnt high. i built the car for boost in the future but its leaning towards blower then it is turbo. a blower to me seems to be the easier install and i hate messing around with exhaust and i like the way mine sounds right now

my plans are to buy a Brand new full SN-95 kit and then buy a fox discharge tube to go with my Fox TB swap. later on a A/A intercooler will be installed

but if i come across a used Fox kit for the right price locally, i'm thinking about picking it up and just converting what i need to fit my car. i already know what needs to be replaced to get it to work.

my question is, has anybody done the Vortech Fox to sn95 swap? any regrets doing it and not buying the right kit? has anyone pieced together a kit from scratch? i've read a few people doing this.

any feedback appreciated

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It can be done... Very costly due to the fact you have to swap everything over to the Fox Accessory setup. And since the Water Pump pully already just barely clears the Electric fan you won't have room for a SuperCharger Pulley. Only thing really that will be usuably to you from the kit will be the head unit and the discharge tube. Better off just getting the correct kit.

I did the fox swap it wasnt that bad what I did was sell the brackets and stuff that I didnt use and used that money to buy the correct brackets and stuff from vortech. I dont regret doing it I got a great deal on a fox setup for real cheap so it ended up being less then half of a new kit.

I did the fox swap it wasnt that bad what I did was sell the brackets and stuff that I didnt use and used that money to buy the correct brackets and stuff from vortech. I dont regret doing it I got a great deal on a fox setup for real cheap so it ended up being less then half of a new kit.

ok thanks for the help.

i'll keep my eye opened for a used local kit.

how much did you pay for the fox kit if you dont mind?

i wish the SEARCH feature was a lot better. i remember finding a crap load of info on a fox to sn95 5.0 vortech swap in the past.