Vortech Timing/Fuel Psi Question

MyCARneedsHelp

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Plainfield,IL
i have a 91 lx mass air and i jus put a Vortech S-1 what should my timing and fuel psi be at? its a 5 speed with a 3:73, adj fuel reg, 190 pump, Cobra mass air meter, blue top injectors, long tubes and full exhaust. I cant seem to get it to run right? also should i run higher octane fuel and maybe synthetic oil??? im new to the whole supercharger thing. Someone help me outtt pleeeeeeeeeeeeease:D

• Sponsors (?)

you should be running premium fuel. you shouldnt try to tune your afr with fuel pressure, t should be adjusted by changing pulse width. set the fuel pressure to stock. mine was 42psi. you cant tune afr without a wide band anyways. set your base timing to 10* and listen for ping

whats pulse width? i dont know nothing about these superchargers this is my first one, so set my fuel pressure at 32? isnt that stock? and timing at 10? my timing is a 14 now . I also have a boost retard msd box but havent had the chance to put it on.

pulse width is the time the injectors are open for. measured in % duty cycle or more commonly, milliseconds

run premium fuel and set timing to 10*. stock fuel pressure on my car was 42psi with vacuum off. some people say its 39psi.

after the btm is hooked up you can run 14* base if you set the btm to pull timing