VT N/A cams...

Unreal281

Dec 18, 2004
Without starting a forum-wide World War III...

What are you guys with full bolt ons, stage 1s and a tune putting down?

and

What are you guys with full bolt ons, stage 2s and a tune putting down?

I just want numbers to get a general idea of what to do this summer to my car...

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

292RWHP/308RWTQ...VT stg 1 cams :D

^Agreed, the stg 2 guys usually put downa few more HP...but we think thats because the STG 2 guys ALYWAYS install valve springs and MOST degree the cams.
Both of which add HP....I did neither with my stg 1 cams and am still making great power :)

Cool...

So how much of a difference does "degreeing" a camshaft make???

So if they are degreed, with proper valve springs and either a MPH...or Kauffman's tune...???

hmmm.....:shrug:

Cool...

So how much of a difference does "degreeing" a camshaft make???

So if they are degreed, with proper valve springs and either a MPH...or Kauffman's tune...???

hmmm.....:shrug:

most guys that make good power with the II's have headwork done. headwork really makes the II's shine, compared to the I's. if you don't plan on getting ported heads i would stick with 1's for ease of install & because you don't get dramatic power gains comparitively between the two.

Stage II, 303/318...

Thats NASTY...nice numbers...

Now, with headwork??? What else would i need??? I'm kinda new with this....

Do I just send my heads out to get ported/polished???

Should I up my fuel injector size to a 24 then???

What about my MAM...its still stock...

And the IMPORTANT question....how much power would i gain with all my bolt ons, stage 2s, valve springs...and ported heads???

Thanks...that's stock/unported heads too...so you should be around the 310-315'ish mark if I'm not mistaken..maybe a little more.

Oh and your injectors should still be fine at that level...no need to switch yet. And really your stock MAM should support that as well..

How much does it typically cost to port/polish heads???

I'm not going to spend a load of money for just 5-10 extra horses...

If its just a few hundred...then I'm down

they ppolish everything on the inside i belive.. creates a smooter flow. As far as stg 2's go.. they make high high end power, so if u like that than go for it. im talkin 6400 plus. i love my stg 1's.. after alot of tuning and messing with timing.. i get em perfect with no bucking at low rpm.. and she pulls like a beast up top. cant wait till after my l/t's :D

Is there anyone on here....or does anyone know someone that has the stage 2 setup with ported/polished heads???

If so, what kind of numbers are they making???

thanx

they ppolish everything on the inside i belive.. creates a smooter flow. As far as stg 2's go.. they make high high end power, so if u like that than go for it. im talkin 6400 plus. i love my stg 1's.. after alot of tuning and messing with timing.. i get em perfect with no bucking at low rpm.. and she pulls like a beast up top. cant wait till after my l/t's :D

6400 plus? I don't think so. I shift at 6100rpm with my VT Stage 2 n/a cams. Going anywhere past is useless with mine.