VVME HIDs

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
I put my 8k VVME HIDS in today. They came in about 1 week and installation was pretty much straight forward. Only problem was the fog light didn't want to stay in..... I just took the gasket off the old light and added it onto the HID to double up and thicken the gasket and it fit snug. Do you guys think my Ballasts will be okay? I mounted them using the 3M Double sided Foam tape.... headlight ballasts in front of radiator on a flat section of metal.... and fog lights to the bumper wall..... Here's a few pics..... I included my guages too for fun...

I forgot - It was pointless for me to get the Bi-Xenon's as the bulb hits the shroud in my Blue Oval Industries Headlights when I use the high beam::shrug::

mustang004.jpg

mustang005.jpg

mustang006.jpg

mustang008.jpg

mustang010.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If possible put a cable tie or two on the wiring to something stationary, I learned the hard way once when the bracket came apart and i ran over the damn thing going down the interstate... They sent me a new one free though :D

I mounted them using the 3M Double sided Foam tape

the **** with the green backing you peel off?

id be concerned. that **** doesnt work very well.

to put it in perspective, i used some of that tape to stick my WRT54GC router to the side of my desk (for organization/neatness). in about three days the sticky-ness of the tape had separated from the foam by the little heat the damn thing produced and fell.

i would find an alternative

the **** with the green backing you peel off?

id be concerned. that **** doesnt work very well.

to put it in perspective, i used some of that tape to stick my WRT54GC router to the side of my desk (for organization/neatness). in about three days the sticky-ness of the tape had separated from the foam by the little heat the damn thing produced and fell.

i would find an alternative

Yea thats what i used and i was thinking with time and the elements...(mainly heat) it might not work :/ ..... anyone have any other suggestions? Not many places on the SN95 to bolt it too in range that i could find.... I was thinking some epoxy... JB WELD .... but then if i ever need to take it off ill be in for a hella lot of fun...

You should be able to find a place so you are able to put some zip ties around them. that's what I would do. I would also still use the tape.

if all else fails with adhesives, tell you what, if you want to try that route again get so 3m auto emblem and trim mounting tape, It's very tacky

back to if all else fails, off with the bumper and mount to the bottom or back of the metal bumper support, there are no fitment issues there FYI