want to beat up the new car mgr

Went in to the dealership tonight to find that I've been bumped to the second allocation of orders :mad: I went back and forth with this guy until I was blue in the face. When I ordered my 05 on 8/21 he said I was the second guy to preorder so in my mind there was no way to not be in his first allocation. He went on to say that Ford let him order 10 mustangs back in July :shrug: but none of them had the features I had ordered on mine. First of all I had to print the order codes off the internet and bring them in to help the poor b*****d place the order. So if he had already ordered why didn't have these then??? I just kept shooting holes in his stories and he said he was sorry he didn't have time to research the new mustang like I have but he had fifteen other models to worry about, not just one. Bottom line, he is giving me x-plan and I have to wait longer, but I sold my truck and am driving a family members geo prism until my pony arrives!!! I know I could keep b****n and moaning but it would do me no good...just wondering if anyone out their could back me up that this guy is full of it or what?

• Sponsors (?)

2k5 pony said:
Went in to the dealership tonight to find that I've been bumped to the second allocation of orders :mad: I went back and forth with this guy until I was blue in the face. When I ordered my 05 on 8/21 he said I was the second guy to preorder so in my mind there was no way to not be in his first allocation. He went on to say that Ford let him order 10 mustangs back in July :shrug: but none of them had the features I had ordered on mine. First of all I had to print the order codes off the internet and bring them in to help the poor b*****d place the order. So if he had already ordered why didn't have these then??? I just kept shooting holes in his stories and he said he was sorry he didn't have time to research the new mustang like I have but he had fifteen other models to worry about, not just one. Bottom line, he is giving me x-plan and I have to wait longer, but I sold my truck and am driving a family members geo prism until my pony arrives!!! I know I could keep b****n and moaning but it would do me no good...just wondering if anyone out their could back me up that this guy is full of it or what?

You can't trust a word dealers say. He's flat out lying about ordering them back in July, as well as getting 10 to start. I'm not surprised that you shot holes in his story. What I am surprised is that you fell for that "first allocation" bs. The bottom line is, they will tell you anything to get you to buy a car. Once your name is signed, they know, 9 times out of 10, you may be a hair ticked, but you will wait. They do this to tons of people. 50 people probably think they are in the first allocation. I ordered my 99 GT Vert in October of 1998. Job was was supposed to be in Feb or March. You would think, since I ordered early I would get it early. Nah, I got it August 9th of 1999. Almost a full year!!! And, this was with a dealer whom I have dealth with for over a decade. Even then, I don't believe them for ****.

Your only mistake: ALWAYS get a VIN assigned to your order so that they cannot sell that car to anyone but you, via contract. If you have a VIN on your order, make sure it matches when your car comes in. If it doesn't, they most likely sold your car to another buyer for more money. If that's the case, even if the car is what you want, raise holy hell and scream fraud. Watch your price drop or get a couple of free dealer installed options.

All most dealerships care about is getting you to sign on the dotted line - most don't care at all about return customers.

If I were you (assuming its possible) I would retract the deal and do the VIN assigning deal at another dealership and come back or call back the original dealership and rub it in their face. Also explain to the new dealership what happened, and that if it happens again, well, you've already walked away once... I'd do it even if it meant driving the geo a little bit longer.

They did that to you because they thought they could get away with it because you were essentially locked in. Now, if you aren't legally locked in, I would go tell them where they can stick it.

Similar situation! Ford confirmed my order of a GT 130A (Deluxe with cloth interior) and spoiler delete back on 6/11/04. Now I see people that ordered cars after me have VINs and/or production/delivery dates. My car was the first order placed from this dealer but a red V6 will be the first delivered - scheduled for 10/23/04. I'm told that because I didn't order a Premium 140A and I don't want a spoiler I will have to wait. Ford wants cars with leather and a spoiler to be seen first.

It really sucks that dealerships can do this kind of thing....we are at their mercy and I feel there is nothing we can honestly do about it. I know I can get my deposit back and walk on the deal(which the new car mgr offered after about ten minutes of me going off) but then I would have to start the process all over again somewhere else. I think I would get more satisfaction proving that this guy out right lied about being allocated ten mustangs back in July(none of which had what I preordered :rolleyes: )The car being delayed is one thing, the dealership screwing with me is another. I really don't know if it is even worth the effort. I just want my baby!! :bang:

2k5 pony said:
he said he was sorry he didn't have time to research the new mustang like I have but he had fifteen other models to worry about, not just one.

Funny thing is, I bet I know more about ALL of Fords products better than the majority of salesman. Thats what he gets paid to do.
-Jason

the sad thing is, its not even the salesperson that I'm dealing with....its the new car manager!!!He should atleast know what the hell he is talking about!!I just want to find out when Ford actually offered a set number of stangs to the dealerships. He says he was allowed to spec out 10 in July but that just can't be true...

Roger Ramjet said:
...- scheduled for 10/23/04. I'm told that because I didn't order a Premium 140A and I don't want a spoiler I will have to wait. Ford wants cars with leather and a spoiler to be seen first.

In this case, they may actually be telling the truth. Typically at launch, Ford builds what they call a "rich mix". Basically, they concentrate on highly optioned vehicles for the first few months.