Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

You get the one from lmr? If you did dont go off of their label system its ass backwards for some reason basically me and my buddy got it just so we have some screws and use that label as more of a guide lol but trust me mine will be when i go through the electrical to make sure its all good i ended up not using that kit though not that it was hard but just extra work i didnt need to be bothered with

• Sponsors (?)

Just gave the folks at LRS some more job security tonight. I decided to buy the majority of those 'nickle and dime parts' that I'm going to need to get this thing back together. Things like body screws, weatherstripping, moldings, door lock actuators, window motors, heater core, some wiring things, side markers. About 50 different individual items, actually. So you're welcome all you dudes over there at LRS. Your door moldings better fit nice!

I'll still need more stuff from them, but I can't nickle and dime myself to death...yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I had some time last night and I decided to remove the rear hatch glass. What a PITA. That glue is nasty stuff. I did have a windshield removal tool, but it's something that would have been easier to do while the hatch was still on the car and not on the floor of my basement. I did, however, manage to remove it in once piece. If anyone wants a rear hatch window with non-working defroster lines and purpled tint, let me know ;)

I don't think I ever posted this picture, but I stumbled upon it on my phone. Here are the OEM Cobra ground effects going on the car. I had originally bought a full Cervini's kit from LRS, but hated how it all fit. The way everything mounted was so far from stock. Too much double sided tape and not enough nuts and bolts. Anyways, I got lucky finding this Cobra stuff. That black rear bumper is NOS. Been sitting on the guy's shelf since 1993. Factory Ford gelcoat. Pretty cool.

IMG_0713_zpse4e13ba0.jpg

how's the paint scenario going?

Right now, I'm the one holding things up. Working somewhat crazy hours right now, so I won't have a chance to be able to get the car up to the painter until late next week probably. He is ready for it and can take it whenever I'm ready. I just need to work an 8 hour day for a change so I can have some time to get the car up there.

I would just like to point out that I have now read this entire thread. And Scott, I now hate you and your fabrication skills. Completely jealous. I can't wait to see what this thing ends up looking like. Bravo.

Also, where in the holy hell did you find a NOS cobra rear? I'd kill for one of those. I have the full Cervini's kit on mine and I must say that while the rear isn't too bad, the sides are garbage. I would love to be able to bolt them down like the factory GT kit.

Right now, I'm the one holding things up. Working somewhat crazy hours right now, so I won't have a chance to be able to get the car up to the painter until late next week probably. He is ready for it and can take it whenever I'm ready. I just need to work an 8 hour day for a change so I can have some time to get the car up there.

I'm saying do the Rustoleum roll on and call it a day. By the time you either "A" Find the time to do something that's required to get the car moving,( because you have to work longer than 8 hours......Waaah:() or "B" find somebody reliable enough that wont keep the car until hell freezes over, or "C" Decide once and for all what material your gonna have single stage Gage spray the car in,......we'll all be dead.

P.S. I'm kidding about the rustoleum thing........that takes longer than you have as well considering you'd have to do it yourself, now that your "illegal" had his visa revoked.:rolleyes:

Ding Pao didn't have his visa revoked. He just had damands I couldn't meet anymore. He is gainfully employed by my neighbor though.

In other non-paint related news, I purchased a set of 99 cobra wheels from a local guy off Corral. The price was right and it's not everyday I find a set of these within an hour of me. You may be asking why I bought another set of wheels that are just satin instead of polished like the '01 wheels I currently have. Well, I have some plans for these wheels. Going to send two of them off to Weldcraft to get them widened to 9". This will let me squeeze tires larger than 245 in the rear. I can probably get away with 275 Nittos because of the fact they run a little more narrow then some tires.

I have also taken a great liking to 'chrome' powder coating. Once widened, I'm going to have them powder coated in the chromish finish with a coat of clear on top. It will give the wheels a unique look. Not chrome, not polished, not silver...but somewhere between all those looks. Should set the car off nicely. Not going to get them done until later in the year though. I'll live with my rashed up 01's for now.

Finished up everything with the rear end today. Greased all the fittings and torqued everything together. She's all ready to go now.

DSC_1560_zpsa9e19ab7.jpg

DSC_1561_zpse88905dd.jpg

DSC_1559_zps66029179.jpg

DSC_1557_zpsfaf951ce.jpg

Yes, there is only one caliper mounted for now. I made the foolish mistake of ordering 2 left hand calipers online. I unfortunately did not realize I did that until I went to paint them. The unfortunate part is that I used G2 caliper paint which is a 2-part system. I already mixed in the reactor, and then noticed I screwed up with the calipers. It wasn't a big deal to return the caliper and get the proper one, but now I have to order another caliper paint kit. Oh well. The calipers did turn out nice though. The mounting brackets are powder coated.

DSC_1556_zpsceea0dc7.jpg

DSC_1563_zpsebf2008b.jpg

DSC_1564_zpsa9a152ae.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1560_zpsa9e19ab7.jpg
    DSC_1560_zpsa9e19ab7.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1560_zpsa9e19ab7.jpg
    DSC_1560_zpsa9e19ab7.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_1561_zpse88905dd.jpg
    DSC_1561_zpse88905dd.jpg