Want to switch from 40-series to 10-series.

modu1ar tek

Sep 15, 2003
Hey guys..well I've had the 40-series for about a year now ,I like the sound, but I want something louder and deeper w/out having to get rid of the cats. How are the flowmaster 10-series? I heard a soundclip, sounds pretty good,but i want some opinions from you guys. Also, are they smog legal? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, I LOVE my 10 series.... but in my opinion, they werent all that loud while it still had all the cats... but to some people they would be considered loud eve with cats...

the off road h-pipe is the very best thing I have ever done, I hate the factory cats, they are SO restrictive!!!!
thats just my 2cents.

ive gone from 40 series on my 01 gt to 10 series on my 03 gt, and the 10 series were quite a bit louder, sounded really good.silver bullit i have the onw chAmbers i took off sitting in my closet and i just got a prochamber how do you like the sound. it sounds good with spintechs but alot quieter at idle than with the catted x i got rid of, and the prochamber is off road

I had the Flowmaster 40 series on my 96 GT and then switched to the 10 series, they have a nice distinct sound to them and they're louder as well. Not so loud that I'll get a ticket b/c I still have 6 cats. They are definitely worth the money though and they make your car growl.