wanted: USS Missouri/Insayne Stangs pic

latamud

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Tampa, FL
Back in 2003, when I was stationed in Hawaii and our local Mustang club, Insayne Stangs, gathered for a MM&FF Mustangs in the Military photo shoot on the dock in front of the USS Missouri. We had about 30 Mustangs from 1965-2003 lined up for the photo. Well, since then the club has pretty much been scattered due to members moving away and loss of contacts. The website went down and I never got a copy of the photo. I'm hoping someone out there remembers/knows about this and can help me out. Most of the members were 5.0 guys. Most of them drove cars from an 80's to newer Mustang, that's why I'm posting in the 5.0 section. Thanks for any help, hope to hear from some of my old Insayne Stangers.

Bart

I sold this car, but it was my ride at the time, and in the photo shoot.
716662_2_full.jpg

716662_1_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I was there with you, had the Green GT, I have been looking for those pictures for a long time. I know they took single shots of our cars to with the Memorial in the background for the USS Arizona.

Yeah I was there with you, had the Green GT, I have been looking for those pictures for a long time. I know they took single shots of our cars to with the Memorial in the background for the USS Arizona.

Wow it's been a while. Wonder what happened to everyone. Green GT, were you the guy that was DOD security? I wrote that message while I was still in the service. I've been out 2 years now. I still have my other 66 Mustang I was building in the autohobby shop on Hickam. Dropped in a 408 Clevor, Vortech, Viper T56, Corba IRS, 19x10s rear 19x9s front and a bunch of other goodies.
IMG_4391_detail.JPG

I'm in Iraq now, picked this up this past January, kinda don't feel like working on Mustangs anymore for a while.
Viper_engine_detail.JPG

Hit up Evan Smith or Marc Christ on Facebook. They both work on MMFF and respond to readers on FB quite regularly. They might be able to dig out the original stuff for you.

Bart last I knew Shane lost all the pics from that photo shoot when his computer crashed. I know that one of the papers there in Honolulu did a story on it and the photographer that took them worked for the paper. This is Chris the VP of insayne stangs from 01-03. Had the red and white lx 5.0 and the red 95 GT.

Bart last I knew Shane lost all the pics from that photo shoot when his computer crashed. I know that one of the papers there in Honolulu did a story on it and the photographer that took them worked for the paper. This is Chris the VP of insayne stangs from 01-03. Had the red and white lx 5.0 and the red 95 GT.

Hit up Evan Smith or Marc Christ on Facebook. They both work on MMFF and respond to readers on FB quite regularly. They might be able to dig out the original stuff for you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is your answer to the question^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dang Chris, it's been a long time. I remember I met you at the first IS meeting I went to at Area 52 back in the day. I remember when you left the island too. I found Pat, NOSdog3 on an Ohio Mustang forum about a year ago. He's up in Cleveland/Akron area. I'm in Afghanistan now, still living the dream. This thread is like 5 years old, and I've never owned a fox body. Thanks for the info, I figure one of these days that photo will turn up.

I know you had that bad a$$ early 60's coupe. I had the 87 lx 5.0 and the 95 GT. How's the Stan treating you? I'm on recruiting duty now in IL. Getting ready to switch over to the Air Force. Going for PJ or CCT. By the way love the new Viper you have.

@ mad mike. The photos never got turned in to MM&FF. Like I said we had them on a computer that crashed,and we lost all photos from the shoot. I have the group shot from the new paper if you want that I'll scan it and post it on here.

Wow it's been a while. Wonder what happened to everyone. Green GT, were you the guy that was DOD security? I wrote that message while I was still in the service. I've been out 2 years now. I still have my other 66 Mustang I was building in the autohobby shop on Hickam. Dropped in a 408 Clevor, Vortech, Viper T56, Corba IRS, 19x10s rear 19x9s front and a bunch of other goodies.
IMG_4391_detail.JPG

I'm in Iraq now, picked this up this past January, kinda don't feel like working on Mustangs anymore for a while.
Viper_engine_detail.JPG

Yeah that was me, I have a few videos on my Facebook that was made, one has the USS Missouri shoot in it. Hit me up on Facebook if you want copies of the videos or here you go:
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tn...4103988&set=vb.100001323207645&type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tn...0770488&set=vb.100001323207645&type=2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tn...0770411&set=vb.100001323207645&type=2&theater

Attachments

• IMG_4391_detail.JPG
    IMG_4391_detail.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4391_detail.JPG
    IMG_4391_detail.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Viper_engine_detail.JPG
    Viper_engine_detail.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 200
  • Viper_engine_detail.JPG
    Viper_engine_detail.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 111
MustangStrip,

You sir are my HERO! RFI satisfied 100%

All my updates over the years can you believe I'm still in Afghanistan? I just got off an 18 hour shift, one of the best days out here and I'm ready a to rack out and almost deleted my new emails and decided to see what this message was at Stangnet. THANK YOU!