Wanting to get a scale model of a 69 coupe

• Sponsors (?)

i have built that kit, well it's not really a kit just a new body and interior tub. you have to use the Revell 69 mach 1 kit to finish it off. i spent over a year building mine into a miniature copy of my car, i'll probably use it as a car show display.

you need to be aware that the resin body kits are not like a regular plastic kit, regular model glue won't work with it and the body will probably need lot's of massaging to fit right, i had to grind the inside on mine with a dremel so it would fit the chassis and that was even after i had ground of as much of the chassis as i could, it's not an easy build that's for sure.

now that you know the bad stuff, the good part is that this kit looks almost perfect when it's done, just like a 69 coupe. it does have a couple of small defencies however, the 1/4 panels slope down to much in the rear and the roof is actually slightly crooked (at least on mine) but i didn't care. i wish i had some pics so you could see the finished product but i don't have a digi-cam.

also, be prepared to spend a bit of money on this if you get one, i've got almost 300 dollars in this one just buying different kits for different parts that i wanted on the car, like the engine, wheels, seats, etc. i ended buying one kit for the hood scoop, one for the engine, another for the seats, and a couple of other ones for various different parts that weren't stock from the 69 mach 1 kit. you may not have to go to all that trouble but i wanted the model to be exactly like my real car, even down to the late model seats and oddball "mesh" wheels.