Electrical Warning Lights And Odometer Worm Gear

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by HISSIN50, Jul 2, 2012.

1. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here? SN Certified Technician

Hey guys,

This is barely tech but it's slow in here.........................

I was doing odometer gears earlier and was lookin at the warning lights at the bottom of the cluster. Do all of yours prove-out when you turn the key on?

I have some (like a low-oil light and a seatbelt light) that I've never had prove-out. I swapped a couple of the bulbs (with known-good ones from lights that do prove-out) and those still didn't prove-out. Normal?

Tangent: for those that have done odometer gears, did you ever receive a worm gear that was longer than the OEM black worm gear?

2. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Not all of my lights prove out when I put the key to the on position prior to start. I've never had to change the worm gear. It's always the other one that goes, so I can't help you there.

Kurt

3. HISSIN50

Thanks Kurt.

4. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Ok, just went out and checked. My battery, check engine, and air bag light come on and stay on until engine start. The low coolant and abs light turn on when I turn the key to the on position prior to start, but go back out within a second. I just had this cluster out not long ago and I changed all the bulbs when I did, so I assume they are all still good.

Kurt

5. HISSIN50

Thanks Kurt - those sound familiar.
    I wonder if the others are for OBD-II cars.

6. Chythar

Chythar Well-Known Member

My low-oil light flickers when I start my car, but goes out as soon as I let the key go. I get the seat belt chime if it's not on when I start the car, but I don't see a seat belt light prove out at all. The brake light doesn't prove out but it's on if the parking brake is set, of course.

7. HISSIN50

Thank you for the input Matt - we'll figure out what's supposed to light-up by consensus eventually. :D

It's nice to see you. :nice: