Warranty Question

myfirstii

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2002
chicago,Il.
My car is leaking water in the front driver side area. I found the TSb on it and brought it into the dealer. Now I was under the impression that if I am getting warranty work done, that I should receive a free rental car while my car is in the shop. Am I wrong? Is that just a courtesy and not something they have to do? This Ford Dealer in Carbondale,Il. Is really starting to get on my nerves. They have horrible customer service.
Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

Don't expect a loaner, just do the math. On any given day there could be 20-30-40 or more cars in for warranty service depending on the size of the dealership. Can you even imagine the size of the fleet of loaner cars required to give everyone a loaner? What about the cost? It just wouldn't make sense. Most dealers will do a loaner car based on the specific situation and depending on the repair but those cases are not the norm.

I understand that. The only thing is they offered me one when they did some minor warranty on some blemishes in my paint, and now they look at me like i'm crazy when I asked for one for this repair. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Patrick

It is common to give you a loaner if your car is going to take more than one day to repair under warranty. For the paint repair, that is for sure more than one day and probably the reason why it was offered to you then and not now for a possible one day fix. You should at least get a customer service ride to work if its close or back home.

if it's warrenty work, and they have to keep the car longer than a reasonable time, then i Would expect a loaner.
A) it's their problem their fixing. and their inconviencing you.
B) You spent anywhere from 20k-55k at their dealer.. They can treat you well.

But no, they don't have to give you one.
But if they don't.. F'em. write a letter to Ford Canada (or America) telling them about the treatment and inconvience that you've recieved,

Manufacturers look at that **** when they decide the alotment that each dealer will recieve too..