Warranty question

This is my first new car and I don't want to void the warranty, but I am tired of driving a quiet Mustang. Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a performance car.

Anyways, I really want an exhaust. Will doing this modification void my warranty? After all I am messing with emissions.

• Sponsors (?)

there is a fine line with dealerships.
but there is some laws on our side ... semasan.com has lots of great info depending on state i found this article on warranty stuff SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

now if your just doing a catback exhaust i have never had a dealership give me crap! now doing this will of course void your exhaust warranty side so dont expect another slp or magnaflow kit if your current one ... breaks??

now i have had dealerships blame clutch failure and throwout bearing failure on intake, CAI, tune, and exhaust and they won because it brought power levels too high on my zx3 (god remember those) but i did get my calipers fixed even when they tried to pull the rim card ..

pick your battles wisely and go with your carb EO papers and you should be fine.

or absolute worst case save all your old parts and swap them when something goes wrong...its dirty and not nice but i mean voiding a warranty over something this stupid makes tuners get desperate:flag:

This is my first new car and I don't want to void the warranty, but I am tired of driving a quiet Mustang. Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a performance car.

Anyways, I really want an exhaust. Will doing this modification void my warranty? After all I am messing with emissions.

At the dealer I work for we do not bother people with small mods like a exhaust.. now if you came in with a blown motor and nitrous installed that would be a different issue.

If you interested in keeping your warranty and modifying your car you may be interested in the ford power pack upgrades.. We have installed ford racing superchargers that are covered under the warranty as long as a ford dealer installs them.

Thanks boston2k4 and svttech76 for the information. I will check out that link and I might be ordering an exhaust here soon. I kinda figured that the dealership wouldn't fight over an exhaust. Just to be safe I will keep my stock exhaust. :D