warranty voided?

alittle update on the situation.

My wife called the dealer again and the service manager refused to get on the phone with her so she asked to speak to the owner of the dealership and they told her no. Next she called the ford cusotmer service and told them the whole story, and they said it is true that they have to prove that the aftermarket parts caused the problem. They told her to call the dealer again and tell the service manager to make an appt. for her to meet with the ford reginal rep. So she tried and again he would not get on the phone with her and said he will not set up an appointment for her. So my wife, who is flaming mad now, called the ford customer service again and told them. This is where it gets good. The ford customer service rep called the dealer and the service manager would not speak to them.

Can you believe the balls on this guy? I am no longer worried about my car as much as I want to have this guy fired. I wont hear anything else till wed cause of the holiday. Happy 4th guys!

• Sponsors (?)

04gtdrop said:
wow, that is crazy. can he even do that? can he refuse?

Of course he can refuse. But tell me, what would happen to you if a senior officer in your place of employment called to speak to you and you also refuse.

Action and reaction. I'm sure he'll pay the price somehow.

jstreet0204 said:
I believe all it says, is

Not covered by the warranty:

”Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
* alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Form Motor Company.

I still believe you are in a very gray area, and will have a hard time fighting it though, because your mods could have caused the problem. Nobody know until it is torn down. But if they are refusing to even check, I'd contact your JAG office. Worse case you'd end up having to pay for the tear down labor also.

this is what it says but even on a car with aftermarket parts it has to be looked at under warranty and they cant just void it for having them, also if the aftermarket part installed cause the damage then yes your warranty is voided.........

04gtdrop said:
wow, that is crazy. can he even do that? can he refuse?

the service manager at the ford dealer does not work for ford. In fact nobody at the ford dealer is directly employyed by ford so they do not HAVE to listen to the ford rep.

so that means the ford rep or any other ford employee can not fire him. They can put presure in other ways like a warrenty audit on the dealer but they have no direct control on how the dealers operate and what cars they want to work on.

IF the ford rep wants to warrenty the repair on your car the dealer can still refuse to do the work and the car will be towed to another ford dealer.

So to sum this up, the dealers are independant buisneess, it's up to the owner of the dealer to fire this guy if he wants to.

Mike I have heard alot about this and some this is where some dealers do get ford people down and auddit them..Which is not good at all for a dealer..I know are old serivce manager was not taking care of all the warretny work and they threated to come down but he now dose not work here and things are alot better..

Unfortunatly your probably screwed...a piece of slag probably got sucked back into the exhaust valve and jacked everything up...the problem your having is VERY rare. Infact I havent heard of anyone having this issue that happened by itself.

I cleaned out any slag I could with my BBKs...made sure everthing I could reach was grinded off/down. Time to buy some new aftermarket heads :D . Thats what I would do if I were pulling them off anyways :)

Well it looks like I'm losing this fight for now but only because I am stuck in Iraq. I will be home at the end of the month and I am going to bring hell down on this dealership. I could car less about the car now its the fact that the service manager was rude to my wife. So I will get my money back and make that guy appoligize to my wife. I am still pushing ford to do a warrenty audit on that dealer just for revenge :)

I'm sure one of the reaons the dealers don't like messing with modded cars is because it can be a pain to work on. If you go by the "little black book" of labor hours the dealer is getting cheated out of some labor if it takes an extra 3 hours to remove your L/T's for a repair. Granted they make like $6,000/hour on labor it would seem, but all the same it's a business.

merc123 said:
I'm sure one of the reaons the dealers don't like messing with modded cars is because it can be a pain to work on. If you go by the "little black book" of labor hours the dealer is getting cheated out of some labor if it takes an extra 3 hours to remove your L/T's for a repair. Granted they make like $6,000/hour on labor it would seem, but all the same it's a business.
Agreed, but in cases like those. Dealers should automatically move from flat rate, to hourly. If the customer doesn't like it, he's welcome to take his car elseware. It's fair for everybody that way.

oxfordgt said:
Well it looks like I'm losing this fight for now but only because I am stuck in Iraq. I will be home at the end of the month and I am going to bring hell down on this dealership. I could car less about the car now its the fact that the service manager was rude to my wife. So I will get my money back and make that guy appoligize to my wife. I am still pushing ford to do a warrenty audit on that dealer just for revenge :)

if you have connections and pull some strings you could always have a tomahawk missile accidentally land in his service bay... just make sure your car isn't there :D

Good luck with this issue man, I hope everything works out. Thank you for serving our country :flag:

I am commenting just from my experience working at a dealership in Service.

Mike is right on the regional rep vs Service Manager issue. However, let's think about this. Even if the regional rep and service manager talk, what do you think he will discuss with him? That the car is bone stock! Once they see it and once the regional rep see's it, you are ****ed. It will be very very hard for you to prove how an aftermarket longtube header that has been known to consume oil did not cause a lack of oil issue.

I hate to tell you but you are done once that happens because it will be logged into Fords system and no one will warranty it. I say cut your losses and learn from this

oxfordgt said:

Ford is not going to warrenty audit the dealer becuase your mad at them.. I hate to say this but ford only cares if the dealer is Screwing them. In fact the dealer is following the rules ford has reguarding modifications, So why would Ford punish them.

Personally I would not bother. Just get your car out of there and get some nice heads and cams and do the work yourself. Arguing with this guy is pointless and you have nothing to gain from it.

merc123 said:

Well what happens in this case is I see the long tubes and tell the writer I will not touch that thing without extra time. Now how the writer pays me ( the tech) that time I don't care but I better get my extra time.. All I know is if it pays 10 hours to do the heads and it has long tubes there is no way I am doing it for 10 hours.

svttech76 said:
Well what happens in this case is I see the long tubes and tell the writer I will not touch that thing without extra time. Now how the writer pays me ( the tech) that time I don't care but I better get my extra time.. All I know is if it pays 10 hours to do the heads and it has long tubes there is no way I am doing it for 10 hours.
Exactly. Good point Mike.

This is a losing battle and can get ugly especially if it does make it to the rep and they void it. I sure hope you dont need any other warranty work later on down the road cause that could be an automatic no-go due to the fact of this case.

blackfang said:
Exactly. Good point Mike.

This is a losing battle and can get ugly especially if it does make it to the rep and they void it. I sure hope you dont need any other warranty work later on down the road cause that could be an automatic no-go due to the fact of this case.

True. If i was him I would get my car out of there and don't go back to that dealer anymore.

If I were I would get your car out of there before they screw your
car up.I learned my lesson about bring my car to the Dealership 2K
in repairs later because one of the service techs decided to destory
my ABS module,put two holes in the seal of my A/C compressor just to
be a ******* but, I can't prove anything.My new mechanic found
out what that tech did to my car though.Needless to say any Ford Dealership
will never see my car again. :bang: :mad: