Warranty?

I do have a question for you PERTANO ? the dealership in my area is a Roush dealer and I asked the service tech that usually works on my Stang, if I agreed to have him order Roush UD pulleys and then have him install them for me, if there would be any problems with my factory warranty and he assured me that as long as a factory authorized technician installs them ? I have nothing to worry about...So in your opinion ? is he being accurate about this...:shrug:

What I have been told, since I am expecting to put only Roush parts on at a ford/roush dealership, is that since Roush is Ford Certified that everything is a-ok, and no warranty work will be denied... Its unclear if that is the car-sans-suspensiom-mods, or if that includes work on the suspension.

Vin

• Sponsors (?)

I believe it's circumstances just like this that draws confusion the ford warranty. But to answer your question, Yes, if you have a factory authorized dealer install your pulleys then it will retain it's warranty. But how you can prove that it's authorzied dealer installed? Well I guess you keep a copy of that R.O. with you at all times. Either way the manual is written gray in this area to allow for cases just like this. It does not neccessarily void your warranty, blah blah blah. Honestly man it's all who you deal with and how they are feeling that day. You can talk to 10 different advisors and get 10 different answers. I know in the case of the shop I work for we tell people before they arrive to pull all the aftermarket stuff off the car before it comes to the shop. We try to warranty as much as we can for customer satisfactions sake, but some people don't understand that we are obligated to report what we see. If we didn't see it then we didn't know it was there. :nice: :nice:
Some people just refuse to take their stuff off and then want to argue about it. That's when we stick it to them.

I believe it's circumstances just like this that draws confusion the ford warranty. But to answer your question, Yes, if you have a factory authorized dealer install your pulleys then it will retain it's warranty. But how you can prove that it's authorzied dealer installed? Well I guess you keep a copy of that R.O. with you at all times. Either way the manual is written gray in this area to allow for cases just like this. It does not neccessarily void your warranty, blah blah blah. Honestly man it's all who you deal with and how they are feeling that day. You can talk to 10 different advisors and get 10 different answers. I know in the case of the shop I work for we tell people before they arrive to pull all the aftermarket stuff off the car before it comes to the shop. We try to warranty as much as we can for customer satisfactions sake, but some people don't understand that we are obligated to report what we see. If we didn't see it then we didn't know it was there. :nice: :nice:
Some people just refuse to take their stuff off and then want to argue about it. That's when we stick it to them.
Thanks for answering all our questions.. I'm also very grateful that you didn't give up on us especially after everything you've put up with during the past 3 days or so ? and for that I do apologize..It's also very reassuring to know that you're also just as passionate as the rest of us are when it comes to improving the overall performance of our Stangs..I would also like you to know that from a personal standpoint that although I don't drive my Stang nor baby it like a Grandma or anything ? I also don't believe in abusing nor beating any of my car's either in fact I've never raced any of my Stangs and to be honest with you ? I don't feel the need in having to compeat up against anybody in order to prove as to whether or not my car is faster than the next person's ? perhaps some 30 years or so ago that was acceptable but as I've grown older through the years ? my only area of concern is to just enjoy cruising, meeting other Mustang enthusiasts or going to different car shows (ect). as for mods are concerned ? my only concern is eliminating as much air restriction as possible so that my Stang is able to breathe freely and achieve the best overall performance it's truly capable of...:nice:

The bottom line is this ? The info that I originally obtained from the field service engineers about dealerships voiding Ford factory warranties was correct and that only individuals such as PERTANO who work for FORD CORPORATE are legally authorized to make those decisions in which I clearly stated from the very beginning of this thread just as I also clearly stated that dealerships are only authorized to refuse servicing vehicles under a warranty claim if ? an aftermarket part was directly responsible for causing the warranted part or parts in question to fail..My entire point from the very beginning was this ? there's a very huge difference between dealerships refusing to service a vehicle under a warranty claim than having the authorization of VOIDING A FORD FACTORY WARRANTY ? in which we now all know was a myth just as I suspected it was in the first place...Therefore dealerships can do all the finger pointing until their blue in the face ? if in the event you should happen to come across a bone headed dealership like that ? then just move on to another dealer who will work with you and not against you and I don't want to hear any BS excuses that it all depends on the dealership ? They all have to follow the very same procedures and requirements under Ford's policy..

Ok let me clear this up a bit so you see how it works..

The dealer really does not care if the customer pays or if ford pays for the repair, the only thing the dealer cares about is that SOMEBODY PAYS..

IF we at the dealer level don't notify ford that a mustang that came in with a blown engine had nitrous run in it or a supercharger and ford during inspection of the motor when it gets back to them decides that they will not cover it then the dealer itself pays.. DEALERS DO NOT LIKE TO PAY TO FIX YOUR CAR.

So what we do at the dealer level to protect ourself is we the techs make a note of whats on the car and let the service manager know. At this point if he does not want to warranty the problem then the customer can appeal this and a Ford rep will inspect the car and make the decision on the claim and if the warranty will be voided.

IF the ford rep wants to allow the repair to be done under warranty then the dealer is protected from charge back because a ford rep inspected the car and signed off on it.

I have seen a few warranties get voided over the years including one of the techs I work with who did not bother taking a aftermarket pulley off of his lighting with a blown motor.

Other times a aftermarket part can cause a problem is if it makes servicing the failed ford part harder. I used to run into this a lot when I was the mustang/lightning tech at a dealer that specialized in those cars. Ford pays the dealer and the tech a fixed amount of time to perform a repair, if your aftermarket part makes it take longer then you are responsible for the added cost.

My best example of this was a SVT contour that needed the dash replaced under recall. This car had a very high end stereo and video system in it that was all hardwired so I would have to cut and re splice everything, I refused to do the job since it would take many hours more than ford would pay since ford would only pay for the amount of time needed to replace the dash in a STOCK car.

I told the writer to see if the car owner wanted to remove the stereo/video stuff himself and then I can put the dash in or he could pay himself to have us mess with it. Ford compromised with him and the cost for me to do the added work was split by him and ford.

Ok let me clear this up a bit so you see how it works..

The dealer really does not care if the customer pays or if ford pays for the repair, the only thing the dealer cares about is that SOMEBODY PAYS..

IF we at the dealer level don't notify ford that a mustang that came in with a blown engine had nitrous run in it or a supercharger and ford during inspection of the motor when it gets back to them decides that they will not cover it then the dealer itself pays.. DEALERS DO NOT LIKE TO PAY TO FIX YOUR CAR.

So what we do at the dealer level to protect ourself is we the techs make a note of whats on the car and let the service manager know. At this point if he does not want to warranty the problem then the customer can appeal this and a Ford rep will inspect the car and make the decision on the claim and if the warranty will be voided.

IF the ford rep wants to allow the repair to be done under warranty then the dealer is protected from charge back because a ford rep inspected the car and signed off on it.

I have seen a few warranties get voided over the years including one of the techs I work with who did not bother taking a aftermarket pulley off of his lighting with a blown motor.

Other times a aftermarket part can cause a problem is if it makes servicing the failed ford part harder. I used to run into this a lot when I was the mustang/lightning tech at a dealer that specialized in those cars. Ford pays the dealer and the tech a fixed amount of time to perform a repair, if your aftermarket part makes it take longer then you are responsible for the added cost.

My best example of this was a SVT contour that needed the dash replaced under recall. This car had a very high end stereo and video system in it that was all hardwired so I would have to cut and re splice everything, I refused to do the job since it would take many hours more than ford would pay since ford would only pay for the amount of time needed to replace the dash in a STOCK car.

I told the writer to see if the car owner wanted to remove the stereo/video stuff himself and then I can put the dash in or he could pay himself to have us mess with it. Ford compromised with him and the cost for me to do the added work was split by him and ford.

SVTTECH 76, Yes I do understand where your coming from and I'm just as frustrated as everybody else concerning this issue which was why I went through the trouble of obtaining the info from the field service engineers. my intention was never to provoke any arguments towards anybody I was merely posting the info I gathered from them which was all I had to rely on ? and it's very possible that I may have misinterpreted some of that info during my phone conversation as it's almost impossible to retain every single word from a 90 min conversation but I tried my very best to post the most accurate and reliable info that I possibly could in which I had to work with and now thanks to both PERTANO and yourself for you're contributions to this thread ? we finally all know the real facts behind the Ford warranty policy and at least now I know that all the research and trouble I went through was worth something and hopefully in someway? was able to help provide some answers to everyone's questions concerning the myths behind the Ford factory warranty...:shrug:

SVTTECH 76, Yes I do understand where your coming from and I'm just as frustrated as everybody else concerning this issue which was why I went through the trouble of obtaining the info from the field service engineers ? my intention was never to provoke any arguments towards anybody, I was merely posting the info I gathered from them, which was all I had to rely on ? and it's very possible that I may have misinterpreted some of that info during my phone conversation ? as it's almost impossible to retain every single word from a 90 min conversation but I tried my very best to post the most accurate and reliable info that I possibly could in which I had to work with ? and now thanks to both PERTANO and yourself for you're contributions to this thread ? we finally all know the real facts behind the Ford warranty policy and at least now I know that all the research and trouble I went through was worth something and hopefully in someway? was able to help provide some answers to everyone's questions concerning the myths behind the Ford factory warranty...:shrug:

Yo Bullit, ya need to lighten up on the "?" key....:lol:

Here's a thread I just located in the talk forum that I found interesting.... originally quoted by RICCARDI Warranty on these kits
Hey guys I am the Downs Ford Motorsports Mgr and my name is Rick. As for the superchargers being under warranty they are not as of yet. The FR1 pack, the Hurst short throw shifter, the X-Pipe and the FR3 pack are able to be installed without voiding the warranty. If the installation and parts are purchase through a certified Ford Motorsport dealer and is part of a Ford Motor company Dealership with certified techs it can be installed without voiding the warranty. Ford issues a 3/36 warranty on those items if installed before taking the new vehicle, if you have any of installed after you take it you get a 12/12 on it so still your warranty is still in affect.