was involved in a small accident in the fox. help please

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so i was visiting my gf in nothern va, and someone had stoped in the other lane going my way (4 lane road) i looked over at him as i passed on the inside lane, probably for 2 seconds and looked up and had to stomp on em. no pics were taken cause im so discusted, but its not bad, bumper needs to be painted, no damge, other than paint, and my driver, inside, not corner, or headlight, but the inside one was pushed in and lost the cover to it. i was gonna get new headlights for LRS anyways cause my friend gave me the 8000k, hid kit off american muscle. dude was in a 98 v6, he wasnt wearing his seatbelt and hit his head on his steerin wheel when i hit him, and had a headache, he called the police and reported it and we exchanged info, i saaid are you gonna make an insurance claim, and he said probably not, its paid off and most of it should buff out (his bumper was basically fine, just scuffed some) and we called the fuzz back and asked if we had to stick around and they said as long as we had exchanged info we were good. so we both left. i didnt get a ticket and neither did he. i think he wanted to bug out too casue in va not wearin the belt is a big deal.

so what does the headlight mount to the header pannel only? what else might i need to fix? there 90 on LRS. is that all i need?

• Sponsors (?)

Just so you know, he will probably end up claiming with your insurance. Usually the stiffness and pain doesn't hit you until a day or two....so he will hit them up for med bills, body damage and the usual "pain & suffering"

As for your question its hard without pictures or being there. Yes the headlights only mount to the header panel. Look on CL or ebay as you can get em cheaper. I have replaced one in a fox and just did my 98 and repainted my front bumper. Pretty easy to do but it is time consuming.

At least the police were there, my brother accidentally hit a lady on the highway and spun her out. She said her neck hurt but they both just left. Couple months later we got a call from her making a claim. Isn't there something about if the person isn't wearing a seat belt the insurance doesn't cover it?

im not worried about time really. can he make a claim if i didnt get a ticket? theres no proof if it really. its been over a week, think im clear or no?

the police werent there, they said that an officer might stop by, so we waited for 10 or 15 minutes then called back and asked if we could leave

oh the cops never came? Damn I would said get your ass out here and right a report you lazy pigs. They should have at least done a report. He can still come back and say his head is injured and try to sue you or something, I dont know if the not having a seat belt on gives you a great advantage but I would think it would, but then again, with no police report, he can say what he wants.

yeah well we watied and neither of us felt like waiting, he was a real religious guy and kept saying i thank god we are okay. the way i see it is theres not a single thing wrong with his bumper other than scuffs and he wasnt wearing his seatbelt and i was.

so the header pannel should be all i need to fix it right? i can take pics when i go home next

so i was visiting my gf in nothern va, and someone had stoped in the other lane going my way (4 lane road) i looked over at him as i passed on the inside lane, probably for 2 seconds and looked up and had to stomp on em. no pics were taken cause im so discusted, but its not bad, bumper needs to be painted, no damge, other than paint, and my driver, inside, not corner, or headlight, but the inside one was pushed in and lost the cover to it. i was gonna get new headlights for LRS anyways cause my friend gave me the 8000k, hid kit off american muscle. dude was in a 98 v6, he wasnt wearing his seatbelt and hit his head on his steerin wheel when i hit him, and had a headache, he called the police and reported it and we exchanged info, i saaid are you gonna make an insurance claim, and he said probably not, its paid off and most of it should buff out (his bumper was basically fine, just scuffed some) and we called the fuzz back and asked if we had to stick around and they said as long as we had exchanged info we were good. so we both left. i didnt get a ticket and neither did he. i think he wanted to bug out too casue in va not wearin the belt is a big deal.

so what does the headlight mount to the header pannel only? what else might i need to fix? there 90 on LRS. is that all i need?

no the headlight sit inside a "bucket" (this is how you adjust the headlights) witch bolts to the header panel. i have the buckets for sale from another fox. if intrested P.M me peace

john:p

Yep, They will find out. Seatbelts doesn't matter when it comes to liability. The way the insurance, law & attorneys view it, is that he never would have been in the accident/hurt/car damage if it weren't for your negligence. And it varies state by state but here in Indiana he has 1 yr to file medical bills with them and 2 yrs to settle the entire claim or file a lawsuit.

As for the original question about your damage. Really need some good pics, but from the sound of it, it should be a pretty easy & cheap fix.

If your talking about the headlight adjusters, Blue oval industries carries a kit that comes with new ones for both sides, along with new clips for them, and new bulb socket attaching things for like 55 dollars plus shipping.

yeah some stuff inside the bumper probably got it too.

well he did make a claim, for his car and headaches hes been having. i told my dad he wasnt wearing his seatbelt and he hit his head, and hes calling them back. they are supposed to call me later on. it is illegal to not wear your belt here in va, all i can say is that he wasnt wearing it and neither of us wanted to wait and see if a cop was coming and we agreed to not make a claim. i feel like he wanted to leave so he wouldnt get a ticket for not wearing a belt. oh well well see where this one goes.

Well with the seatbelt issue, it's more of a he said she said type of thing. The fact that when you rear end someone, you are always at fault, will hold much more water than you saying he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The fact that no cop came and nowhere is that reported means nothing.

Also this guy will lie about the belt. He already did, when he went and made the claim, stating he wouldn't.

I would say just chaulk it up to bad luck and be prepared for higher insurance for a while.