washing/waxing mustang....what is the best products?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by mustangkid05, Apr 2, 2006.

1. like the title sais.....what is the best cleaning and waxing products...im looking for a nice shine.......thanks

2. They should just make Tomustang a mod already... :shrug:
  3. I like to do a clay bar treatment, next I use the NXT wax then I use the Polish they sell at Harley Davidson..i think it was call T-100.

If your looking for a complete high end system look at the Adams line.
  4. I just ordered Z-Best car wax. I will see how it works and take pics after I wax her. Its suppose to be a good wax.
  5. autopia.org
    Read up young Jedi
  6. Thats the EXACT combo I just used yesterday on my stang. Works pretty good.

Its S-100; its a pure carnauba wax not a polish.
  7. Meguiar's three step process, after a good wash and clay bar treatment. Shine's it up real nice.
  8. :stupid:
  9. Clay bar treatment ? I'm listening.....
  10. You HAVE to do the clay bar. Clay bar it :nice:
  11. I like to use the Meguirs 3 step wash. Paint cleaner, Polish, Wax. Takes time but that is the fun part about washing a car cause it comes out beautiful. Below is my old mustang that I routinely used the 3 step shine on.

Attached Files:

12. Never used the clay bar, never really heard about it. I used Eagle One Nanowax and Mother's clearcoat repair on the car last weekend. Both products worked well; the Mother's took out a few small light scratches on the clearcoat and the Nanowax did a great job giving the car a deep shine.
  13. i use jeffs werkstatt.
  14. i just got done laying and using the meguire's 3 step on the car i just bought last week.

Althou i did two steps of polish so really 4 steps. Final result is...

Now keep in mind this car was cared for but the guy just use turtle wax basic stuff.

15. Looks good man
  16. View attachment 472886

Come on guys... the clay bar is just to clean the surface. You have to actually use a wax afterward. Go to your local auto paint store, get some good meguires wax. They will point you in the right direction. IF there is a heavy oxidation (whiteish haze from airborne pollutants, chemicals, acid rain, dirt, and whatever else there is) you have to get a cleaner that will work to get it off. By going by the paint store, the "experts" if they are worth a hoot, will point you in the right direction. I have always relied on a paintstore's recommendation cause hell, they sell the paint, and deal with it and all aspects 24/7. I don't go to an autoparts store or walmart to get it. Above is my 93 SHO. Look at the shine on that bad boy. Never claybared, just some good ole rub-a-dub.
  17. Shines pretty good man. I agree I never use the clay bar all I use is the 3 step Meguires and love the shine it gives. It brought out the paint again on the camaro that I used to have after it had been sitting in a barn for over 10 years. To bad it couldn't get the rat pee smell out of the mint condition interior lol. All that would have fixed that would be a new carpet.