washing/waxing mustang....what is the best products?

• Sponsors (?)

Because someone works at a paint store it does not make them "experts" in the product used to maintain the paint. Who you need to talk to is people who maintain paint not sell them aka pro detailers. It's as simple as login into www.auotpia.org these guys test the crap out of every product out there and share there findings. If something sucks they will definitely let everyone know.

n8rsk8r said:
View attachment 472216

Come on guys... the clay bar is just to clean the surface. You have to actually use a wax afterward. Go to your local auto paint store, get some good meguires wax. They will point you in the right direction. IF there is a heavy oxidation (whiteish haze from airborne pollutants, chemicals, acid rain, dirt, and whatever else there is) you have to get a cleaner that will work to get it off. By going by the paint store, the "experts" if they are worth a hoot, will point you in the right direction. I have always relied on a paintstore's recommendation cause hell, they sell the paint, and deal with it and all aspects 24/7. I don't go to an autoparts store or walmart to get it. Above is my 93 SHO. Look at the shine on that bad boy. Never claybared, just some good ole rub-a-dub.
Looks real nice. And if a fly lands on it...he'll break his neck

electricgreen said:
Personal preference:

Wash-Gold Class car wash
Dry-microfibres
Claybar
Meg's step 1 paint cleaner
Meg's step 2 polish
Gold Class wax

i just used that exact combo on my new stang. unbelieveable difference, i have never used a clay bar until today and it is incredibly smooth. between the clay bar and the meg's 3-step my car looks better than i ever thought it could.

mustangkid05 said:
like the title sais.....what is the best cleaning and waxing products...im looking for a nice shine.......thanks

-lou:D

I use Zaino.

Z-7 Show Car soap and
Z-5 polish with the ZFX Flash Cure

The results were incredible. I'm sold on the Z-5 - Amazing.

Every couple of weeks a nice touchup of Gloss helps.

*I guess I should mention my car never sees rain.