Water Hose To Alternator Too Close ?

SF Lex

Advanced Member
Mar 8, 2016
CoCo County, California
Ok, this is not my car, but i have the same issue. The water hose going to the alternator just about touches the alternator. When it gets hot, my guess is it touches. How did you guys solve this issue ? In this picture below, which i got off this Mustang site on facebook i belong to, he placed a plastic cover to protect it. I might have to go this route. What did you guys do ?
12813983_537167869787367_8934150797988846246_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They all had that corrugated plastic cover for exactly that reason. If yours is gone, you might be able to get some at a hardware or car parts store. They call it "conduit".

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, can't believe it actually is meant to be there. I will have to order it, hope it comes in a blue color. First i will just try to place a cover of another hose over it which was way bigger. I just happen to have an extra one laying around. If i have to order and replace it, then i will have to reorder the thermo, and all the hoses. i minus well do a flush. I can't do one part, and not the rest. I have a time issue, if i start something, i minus well finish it. Thanks for the info guys.

Reactions: 1 user