Water in oil. HELP!! Cracked Block?

Chetly

Aug 6, 2003
I have large amounts of coolant in my oil. However there is no oil in my coolant. There is also no oil or coolant in my combustion chamber. I have tore it down to the bare block and have found no blown gaskets. Is it possible that the block is cracked. What are symtoms of a cracked block.

• Sponsors (?)

It is a new block. Head gaskets had no visible problem. Block has like 200ft on it. Hasnt gotten over 2500 rpm and has idled. Had a problem with a leak from front cover. Could it be front cover. As i fixed my external leak, i gained an internal leak.

Unless you had a significant event like a severe overheat, or blew one up under boost, there's no reason to suspect a cracked block. A cracked head would be more likely than the block (from overheat), and it sounds to me like your front cover is letting coolant leak into the pan. Don't run it long that way - the bearings don't like being lubed with oil/antifreeze mix.

i just replaced front cover gasket, head gaskets, and intake manifold gaskets. Starting it up tomorrow and ill cross my fingers. Hopefully it was in my front cover. Thanks for the help, ill let you guys know how i turn out.