Water In Trunk

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Cat Country
This is my mothers car.
2005 convertible.
The entire trunk deck and carpet are soaked. Not from any leaking cargo.
The car is kept garaged so the only exposure to rain is during driving and while parked at work. Is this model notorious for leaking trunk seals? Of is the exposure to water coming from the underside?

• Sponsors (?)

Her battery was dead this morning and the trunk lid light no longer functions. The battery is less than 4 months old. Unsure if these are related to the water in the trunk.

Put the top down and go all the way around it. You will see a rain flap down in there. Make sure that the rain flap is routed into the rain channel, all the way around starting from the driver's side door.

Reactions: 1 user
Put the top down and go all the way around it. You will see a rain flap down in there. Make sure that the rain flap is routed into the rain channel, all the way around starting from the driver's side door.
I'll let her know. She says the trunk light is working again.

Well she thinks she finally got it fixed. The stealership claims it was a leak around the 3rd brake light. So they replaced a $74 dollar assembly (from Ford direct) for $255 and $175 labor fees. I think she was taken advantage of and am still trying to convince her to go to the mechanic I trust with my stang.