Water Injection? What is best?

jster91

May 21, 2004
Lititz, PA
I'm considering getting a water injection system to go with my non-intercooled Kenne Bell setup. I'm running up to a 8psi pulley right now on 94 octane it runs great. I'd like to go up to 10psi or maybe 11. I'd like to go with a water injection system, but can't find many objective opinions, just ads that say mines the best. So, anyone who can recommend a system that isn't over $400, I'd appreciate it. ANy details on ease of install and effectiveness is appreciated too.

Thanks,

Jeff
00' GT Special Edition
8psi Kenne Bell, BBK x-pipe, Magnaflow, CAI, 3.73, Nittos
378rwhp, 12.50 @ 113mph.

• Sponsors (?)

The only kit that I know of that will work on a positive displacement blower is the Snow performance kit. They have a kit that is under 400 bucks but there are a lot of optional add ons that may come in handy. I have a Mr freeze kit so I don't know a lot about the snow kit, but my kit only works for centrifical blowers and turbos. Hopefully Prochargergt or one of the other snow guys will chime in for specific info. I do know install on the snow kit will take a few hours depending on how many extras you add and effectiveness depends on your setup. I do know that horsepower for dollar no matter what will be worth it compared to most other mods.

Well, I did end up going with the Snow kit - they got it to me a lot faster than Anderson; it was a week and a half and still no product (they are very busy, have a lot of orders for them). For a KB, I'd reccomend the Snow MAF water/methanol injection kit - it sprays in accordance to how much air is registered through your MAF. Seems to be a great system; I don't have any #'s yet with it as my car is still in the shop ( :mad: :mad: :mad:) but I would be happy to post results with and without the boost. I've heard nothing but good things about water/methanol injection, much more cost effective than nitrous and it cools intake temps down quite well.