water leak through wiper stubs?

2+2=cool

Nov 28, 2007
I have a water leak coming from under the dash on the driverside on my 66 fastback. Happens when I wash it and the few times I'm caught in the rain.
The cowl was replaced the winshield has new a rubber seal and reseald, my question is I see from a post from last 0ctober that water can also come in from the wiper stubs...if this is the case how do you seal it? Thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a water leak coming from under the dash on the driverside on my 66 fastback. Happens when I wash it and the few times I'm caught in the rain.
The cowl was replaced the winshield has new a rubber seal and reseald, my question is I see from a post from last 0ctober that water can also come in from the wiper stubs...if this is the case how do you seal it? Thanks everyone.

The wiper transmissions are supposed to be sealed to the cowl with leather gaskets.

I have the exact same leak and figured out that it is the wiper stubs / splines. I can't believe the original seals were leather. I got new rubber ones for a few bucks. How hard is it to replace them?