Water Pump???? Block Off???

• Sponsors (?)

Sure, you can block off the outlets with no ill affects. As for how, the one on the intake can be plugged with a simple pipe-plug. If you look around, you can find one with an allen-head so it won't look like you accesorized your car from the plumbing department at Home Depot. The outlet on the water pump might be a little harder, since it's typically pressed in, but if it were me, I would remove it and find a brass freeze plug that's the same size. That way it'll match the ones you have in the block and heads and look like it belongs there.

Do not plug off both water pump inlets. One is for the bypass hose, you need that one. The othewr can be capped with a rubber nipple cover. These can be sourced at your local parts house in the "Help" section. It's a simple rubber cap held in place with a hose clamp. The intake hole just needs a brass pipe plug (Home Depot, Lowes, or any other hardware store) Use thread sealer.

Those "Help" plugs split after a distrubingly short period of time.

I would either:

1. Use a short piece of heater hose and loop it back onto the intake or
2. Remove the nipple and tap in pipe threads for a pipe plug if I cared about cosmetics

Those "Help" plugs split after a distrubingly short period of time.

I would either:

1. Use a short piece of heater hose and loop it back onto the intake or
2. Remove the nipple and tap in pipe threads for a pipe plug if I cared about cosmetics

I went option 1, but now I'm considering #2.

And he's right, don't even waste your time with the "Help!" bypass caps, they will only split on you when you're driving down the road. I think I had on on for a month before it split. Oh, and I only drive the car about once a week.