Waterpump leaking and overheating?

silverGTSaleen

Apr 6, 2003
Texas!
Hey yall, Yeah i know its been a while since my last post :rolleyes: Hope yall are doing well. Well just like a bad relative or friend i come around when i want somthing, Help that is.

Here is the deal, car started leaking lots of fluid from the waterpump seal area, but the care wasnt doing bad with the temp :shrug: ran between the R and M, filled it up with water to replace what was lost, kept a little bit of a drip for about a couple of days. Well this morning started driving and the care was running very hot, but the thing is it didnt leak any fluid from the waterpump area anymore, but it is getting hot like a son of a gun! Let me know what yall think, Thanks alot :hail2:

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

:eek: :lock: "not the lock"

Well funny you mentioned that see one day my A/C just dicided he didnt want to be in my car so he and all his lines just jumped right out :D

The fan is on, could it maby be i need to burp the system? :shrug:

Okay, here is an update. I decided to "burp" the system, ran it for a little while with the radiator cap off :shrug:. The temp was pretty good while i was doing this, fan was coming on and stuff. I put the cap back on and drove it around the farm a couple a times and came back, the tempature was good but when i stoped the car I noticed it was dripping again from the water pump. I crawled up under the car and noticed where the fluid seemed to be leaking from is the water pump bolt that is right above the balancer. :shrug: I dont know what the deal is first it drips while temp is fine, then it doesnt drip and gets really hot, then back to dripping again. :bang:

Thanks in advance :hail2:

Weep hole, the pump is toast. When a water pump bearing goes the weep hole is insurance that the water will exit the cooling system. Reman unit from Cardone Ind. 58-498 part number (any auto parts store will have them) is around $40. A new one from Ford is over $100. A Stewart or Flow Cooler is almost $100.